The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

My kids will be called r.apecage ,bummo, and niglet (if the mother is dark skinned)
Mikimoto
You can't call children a name including numbers. SOmeone tried to call their child 4Real, and it didn't work.

You also can't call your child Adolf Hitler.

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing a child was called the same as their father, but with Version 2.0 at the end.
NeverMindThat
My kids will be called r.apecage ,bummo, and niglet (if the mother is dark skinned)

Lawl.
Angelil
Another name I like is Iocasta (well, I am a classicist :biggrin: ) but I don't know if that's cruel to inflict that name on a child :biggrin:

I'd be worried about the grandkids, to be honest...
(I'm quite worried about myself that I knew exactly who Iocasta was without looking it up).

I'm a languages person as well, so I'll probably end up naming my kids something embarrassing and French or Italian. I really like the name Giovanna. it's a shame though, because it's basically just a translation of my own name, so I can't really use it without sounding terribly vain :frown:

I also like Adeline, Ariadne, Isabella, Esmeralda and Madeline. I don't know if I'm actually cruel enough to name a child that though. I'd be just as bad as the parents of all the Jordans and Taylors running around. I'll probably stick with pretty but traditonal names. Like Marie or Sophie. I like those names.
Reply 44
Glutamic Acid
I'm pretty sure I remember hearing a child was called the same as their father, but with Version 2.0 at the end.

Ah bless. SOme people are odd.

Was it in the UK or America or somewhere?

It's the UK where you're not allowed to call your child Adolf Hitler or Numbers or Superman, I think.
Mikimoto
Ah bless. SOme people are odd.

Was it in the UK or America or somewhere?

It's the UK where you're not allowed to call your child Adolf Hitler or Numbers or Superman, I think.

I'm pretty sure it was in the UK, not sure though, I'll search for the article. Do you know if you're allowed to call your child an expletive?
Reply 46
Ali for the boy
Fatima for the girl
Reply 47
Glutamic Acid
I'm pretty sure it was in the UK, not sure though, I'll search for the article. Do you know if you're allowed to call your child an expletive?

I would have assumed not if Superman is banned...
Mikimoto
I would have assumed not if Superman is banned...

I wasn't aware of Superman being banned. Do you know of an official source saying what can and cannot be first names?

bindymackenzie
how about names after pokemon? - bulbasaur, weedle, metapod, etc

lol, i think i am the only one who will find this funny and also knows too many pokemon names.

I can name the original 151 Pokemon in order. :cool:
Reply 49
Glutamic Acid
I wasn't aware of Superman being banned. Do you know of an official source saying what can and cannot be first names?

There's no official source but apparently those names weren't allowed. Don't ask me who decides what's allowed and what's not. I'd imagine there has to be a law connected with it somewhere...Superman's parents didn't take it to curt that it was their right to call their son Superman...but I'm only guessing.
Reply 50
I just looked it up, And 4Real was banned in New Zealand, apologies, you're right. And it menationed about the name beginning with a number, so if the number was at the end, it wouldn't be a problem.
Ah, Ok. Thanks. I'll look for a source on UK names.
OPTIMUS PRIME

/thread
Urrr. No offence, but I think that boys name is AWFUL. I immediately think he'll be chavtastic, have a criminal record and be a bit dense really.
Faith's alright, but I personally think Tyler gives a bad impression.
Glutamic Acid

I can name the original 151 Pokemon in order. :cool:

wow, well i know the originals only as i got sick of the new ones since i had almost all the 150 until they brought out the new ones but i probably couldnt name every single one now - are you counting mew/mew 2 as the 151st one?
lol, either way calling your kid metapod would be funny :tsr2:
bindymackenzie
wow, well i know the originals only as i got sick of the new ones since i had almost all the 150 until they brought out the new ones but i probably couldnt name every single one now - are you counting mew/mew 2 as the 151st one?
lol, either way calling your kid metapod would be funny :tsr2:

Mew as the 151st one. I never bothered with the other Pokemon either, just bringing in new Pokemon didn't seem to add anything. Lol at Metapod. It reminds me, whenever I'd get a Weedle in the trading cards I'd eat the card because I thought it was so crap. Now I feel quite bad for it, it might not have been much good, but Weedle's still have feelings.
Reply 56
how about emily fantastic name and very good looking name
emily2007
how about emily fantastic name and very good looking name

stop posting.
Reply 58
emile
Glutamic Acid
Mew as the 151st one. I never bothered with the other Pokemon either, just bringing in new Pokemon didn't seem to add anything. Lol at Metapod. It reminds me, whenever I'd get a Weedle in the trading cards I'd eat the card because I thought it was so crap. Now I feel quite bad for it, it might not have been much good, but Weedle's still have feelings.

ha ha ha, i cant believe you used to eat weedle cards! weedle was quite pathetic and did look a bit messed up, but the name was funny so i kept the card, i think used to give all the really crap ones to my brother and ended up getting all his shinies until i had such a great collection - except i never got charizard, that was my only downfall

Latest

Trending

Trending