The Student Room Group

Baby

i'm going to be a teen mom, any advice?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ralf simp
Abort it, its nothing to be proud of

You dont need to be so cruel.be nicer about what and how u say something and if u cant dont say anything
Original post by LwelchMARIE

I pressume u are already pregnant, is ur partner in ur life?, do u have any support from family members etc because having a child is a large responsibility and it will be harder cause ur young and u need to be able to raise a whole human being..if u dont look online, there are many qualified individuals on webistes specifically for situations like the one u are in, so check them out...stay calm and make the decision that is best for u and ur child...its ur choice...personally though i wouldnt abort, however if u cant appropraitaley raise said child u oculd give itt to a trusted older family memebr etc to raise---if u have one--if not use teh wensites etc and get teh fianancial support etc form them and just stick it out..after all i am not being mean at all and dont know the circumstances but this -i assume- was down to u and partner , so now u have to deal with the consequences ..but also congartulations cause children are beautiful....i am also suggesting u research about the help available to u because this child dserevs the best quality of life it can have..btw are u in uni etc....if ur partner isnt supportive...maybe u could get government etc involved because he should give some financial support , the money would obviously go to your guys child so its only fair...2 sorces of income are better than one....if u had a supportive friend group, who are non-judgemnetal etc get their help, like if it was my friend iwould be tehre the hwole way and help babysit on occasion etc.....make sure u make an informed decision about everything and u odnt know the help out tehre until u check...i wish u best of luck and i hope that helped...and although situation may not be ideal many teen moms have successfully done it and so can u
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3
Should have kept her legs shut or used contraception I hope she isn't under 16

really just stop..be mature about this..whats done is done and she is owning up so idk what ur issue is....and u dont know the circumstances so stop being so judgemental.....i do also hope she isnt under 16 not becuase of naything except it owuld be harder for her...she is strong for approaching the situation rationally ...x

You claim to be 17 in this post...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7355263#post98452908

and 14 in this one...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7355526#post98458756

So why should we believe that you're pregnant???
Reply 5
Why it's probably a troll anyway if not I'm sick of these girls milking all our hard earned wages in tax

who knows but thats the thing u dont and it could very well be real ....anyhow its just the way the world is.....and yes omse of these girls are fake but they will get karma but not all of them are...and tax will be taken from ppl either way and what they spend that on isnt up to us
Reply 6

Keep it and take care of it. Try to marry the baby’s father. All the best.
Original post by Wired_1800
Keep it and take care of it. Try to marry the baby’s father. All the best.

Try to marry the baby's father? One of the worst things you could do during a teen pregnancy is make someone aside from your parents your next of kin. The divorce rate is also quite high, might I add.

honestly its none of your business but i share this account with my YOUNGER sister that's 14 years old and i'm 17 years old. and you don't have to believe me. i know it's true.

What I would suggest (if this is real) is telling both sets of parents, unless you have reason to believe you'll be abused if you do so. You will get nowhere by hiding it. Then, you make a plan together as to how to navigate the situation and discuss it until everybody is on board. The most pressing thing is having an income from somewhere, because the costs of a child are essentially bills like rent and electricity, and they amount to be just as expensive.

Calculator for costs to put into perspective.

Additionally, the idea of having a child and actually having one are two separate things. You need a place for the baby to stay. You'll almost certainly have to take a break from school. You'll have to factor in a child at every future decision you make. You need to have a good support system with both direct and indirect involvement. You need to be responsible enough to care for a child for most hours of the day despite the circumstances, because if you keep your child, your/his parents should not be and most likely cannot be the ones raising them.

Alternatively, if you're early on in the pregnancy and you decide after discussing with your parents that it would be a bad idea to continue the pregnancy, you could consider an abortion instead. If you're too far along for an abortion but you still believe that you wouldn't be able to take care of the child, you could also consider adoption.

No decision from this point is a light decision, but decisions need to be made, because concealment and/or deception will only make matters worse when the truth eventually comes out.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 8
Too many girls these days I fear see it as their own deal. I would say try to involve the guy as a father and avoid the one parent thing if you can in such a circumstance. I still feel that the kid growing up with both parents where possible is often a better outlook for the child.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Too many girls these days I fear see it as their own deal. I would say try to involve the guy as a father and avoid the one parent thing if you can in such a circumstance. I still feel that the kid growing up with both parents where possible is often a better outlook for the child.

agreed...it helps them see how a relationhsip dynamic works too and offers more stability.....but unfortunately its not always possible
Reply 10
honestly its none of your business but i share this account with my YOUNGER sister that's 14 years old and i'm 17 years old. and you don't have to believe me. i know it's true.

Thought you were 16 as you're in Year 11 and doing GCSEs...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7355551#post98471160
Original post by Surnia
Thought you were 16 as you're in Year 11 and doing GCSEs...

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7355551#post98471160

u can be 17--i turned during my gcses
Original post by SagaciousSag
Try to marry the baby's father? One of the worst things you could do during a teen pregnancy is make someone aside from your parents your next of kin. The divorce rate is also quite high, might I add.

I do not think that's true.

Classic excuse when you’re caught out lying lol.
Reply 14

T&Cs: 8.2 Each registration for a membership is for a single user only. The Student Room Group does not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network.

I bet you are a sad male really getting off over posting this
Original post by Alicia stars
I bet you are a sad male really getting off over posting this

Yep. One hand typing and the other hand you know what.
Reply 17
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Yep. One hand typing and the other hand you know what.

wha- NO i'm just having a hard time. and i think y'all need some therapy. because there's no reason you should be criticizing other people when you probably don't have a perfect life either.
ooof damn..what in the world tho...

but u should take care of the baby if u actually gonna have one, have as much as support as u have/can, be kind and not cruel, enjoy it, and again take rlly good care of ur baby
I laugh that some think this is real and are taking it seriously

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending