The Student Room Group

Possibly pregnant with my exes baby

Hi,
So I had unprotected sex when I last saw my ex (we were together at the time) but broke up a few days later. I started ovulating sooner than I had expected and have been having symptoms of pregnancy. My period isn't due until later this week but I took a clear blue early detection test and there was a faint line. I will be taking more over the next few days. I am currently talking to 2 new people and was wondering if/when I should tell them? Do I tell them and risk scaring them off if I'm not even pregnant but they can make an informed choice or do I wait until its confirmed that I'm pregnant to tell them? Also, do I tell my ex? Last time I got pregnant he tried manipulating me to have an abortion, and I already know I don't want him involved due to my own and the baby's safety and if he knows he ll demand to be involved or that I have an abortion.

If anyone can give me some advice, or just talk to me about it without passing judgement that would be great. I know the questions seem stupid but I'm very lost and confused at the moment and don't know what would be best.

Thanks everyone x
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi,
So I had unprotected sex when I last saw my ex (we were together at the time) but broke up a few days later. I started ovulating sooner than I had expected and have been having symptoms of pregnancy. My period isn't due until later this week but I took a clear blue early detection test and there was a faint line. I will be taking more over the next few days. I am currently talking to 2 new people and was wondering if/when I should tell them? Do I tell them and risk scaring them off if I'm not even pregnant but they can make an informed choice or do I wait until its confirmed that I'm pregnant to tell them? Also, do I tell my ex? Last time I got pregnant he tried manipulating me to have an abortion, and I already know I don't want him involved due to my own and the baby's safety and if he knows he ll demand to be involved or that I have an abortion.

If anyone can give me some advice, or just talk to me about it without passing judgement that would be great. I know the questions seem stupid but I'm very lost and confused at the moment and don't know what would be best.

Thanks everyone x

Hey hun, it depends on if you want to have the baby or not (I couldn't tell exactly based on what you put). If you are going to go ahead with it honestly I would put a stop to seeing other guys until baby is born. Otherwise you'll have added stress at an already stressful time and your hormones will already be all over the place. It can possibly affect the baby I believe.

I don't know your circumstances but tell your parents or family but they should help. Concentrate on baby as he/she is now your number 1 priority and once they're into the world then consider getting with another guy. You're going to have to mature quick for next stage of life and focus on baby give them the best start in life hope this helps x
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #2
Hi,

Thanks everyone x

Hey hun, it depends on if you want to have the baby or not (I couldn't tell exactly based on what you put). If you are going to go ahead with it honestly I would put a stop to seeing other guys until baby is born. Otherwise you'll have added stress at an already stressful time and your hormones will already be all over the place. It can possibly affect the baby I believe.

I don't know your circumstances but tell your parents or family but they should help. Concentrate on baby as he/she is now your number 1 priority and once they're into the world then consider getting with another guy. You're going to have to mature quick for next stage of life and focus on baby give them the best start in life hope this helps x

Thank you so much for your response! I honestly don't even know what I'd do if I definitely am pregnant, I think I'd want to keep the baby, considering I've had 3 miscarriages already but I don't know what support would be available in my current circumstances (young, full time student etc).

Thank you so much for responding without any judgement, its a very complicated situation and I know a lot of people would likely say some not very nice things. You're a very kind person xx

Thank you so much for your response! I honestly don't even know what I'd do if I definitely am pregnant, I think I'd want to keep the baby, considering I've had 3 miscarriages already but I don't know what support would be available in my current circumstances (young, full time student etc).

Thank you so much for responding without any judgement, its a very complicated situation and I know a lot of people would likely say some not very nice things. You're a very kind person xx
Glad to help, I don't cast judgement when you've openly admit to having unprotected sex you haven't tried to sugar coat it with an excuse like "oh we were drunk and had no idea what was going on and forgot the condom" etc trying to deflect blame. You're being mature and up front about it which is the ideal attitude.

Sorry to hear about the miscarriages, I hope you can put the right pillars of support in place like parents helping out.

I can't tell if your ex will contribute in any way though its a bonus if he can... prepare yourself as much as you can while you can x
Hi,

Thanks everyone x

Firstly, well done anonymous or not on the bravery of writing this whole thing and the revelation that sadly and unfortunately you had miscarriages in the past. I would first like put a halt in talking to these new people and I would make them aware of the fact that your pregnant, if it happens to be the opposite provided all 3 of you decide whether you’d continue or not to talk that’s entirely up to you but ultimately I’m not sure whether you’d feel comfortable or not in raising a child of your own with someone else when it’s clearly not theirs. In regards to your ex it’s dependent on you please take into consideration your personal wellbeing and welfare, the health of you and your unborn baby, from the sound of him being manipulative as I advised think sensibly and wisely this is your child, your baby and you want what’s best for both I would hope and in no way does a decision come into agreement with one having the say it’s between you both. Presuming what you wrote I don’t think you’re planning on involving him anyways wise nevertheless.

At the same time have you thought about if the unthinkable happens over the next couple of days how you would go about it?
Reply 5
Original post by User_name001
Hi,

Thanks everyone x

Firstly, well done anonymous or not on the bravery of writing this whole thing and the revelation that sadly and unfortunately you had miscarriages in the past. I would first like put a halt in talking to these new people and I would make them aware of the fact that your pregnant, if it happens to be the opposite provided all 3 of you decide whether you’d continue or not to talk that’s entirely up to you but ultimately I’m not sure whether you’d feel comfortable or not in raising a child of your own with someone else when it’s clearly not theirs. In regards to your ex it’s dependent on you please take into consideration your personal wellbeing and welfare, the health of you and your unborn baby, from the sound of him being manipulative as I advised think sensibly and wisely this is your child, your baby and you want what’s best for both I would hope and in no way does a decision come into agreement with one having the say it’s between you both. Presuming what you wrote I don’t think you’re planning on involving him anyways wise nevertheless.

At the same time have you thought about if the unthinkable happens over the next couple of days how you would go about it?

I haven't thought about it. My whole mind is currently spiralling and I don't even know where to begin thinking. Like I say it's still early and was only a faint line, but if I'm pregnant I'd have no clue where to begin.

I haven't thought about it. My whole mind is currently spiralling and I don't even know where to begin thinking. Like I say it's still early and was only a faint line, but if I'm pregnant I'd have no clue where to begin.
Are you financially stable enough to provide for your baby? Accommodation wise, the upbringing of your baby?
Reply 7
Original post by User_name001

Are you financially stable enough to provide for your baby? Accommodation wise, the upbringing of your baby?

Financially wise, by the time the baby is born I would be financially stable, and I know I can get extra support for my circumstances as I'll be a student in September. As for accommodation, I'm moving into my own flat, near essential places. I would be able to afford a baby, and I know there are people who would supoirt me if need be. As for the upbringing of my baby, I know how I'd do it, I've wanted a child for a long time I just have limited knowledge of the whole thing
Get a blood test from your GP or a sexual health clinic as soon as possible to confirm whether you are pregnant.
Put your own safety and ambitions first,

If the test is positive, then you can decide how you want to proceed with the pregnancy.
If you decide to be a parent, best to avoid dating whilst pregnant and when looking after a young baby.
Your focus has to be on staying healthy and positive, with very limited exposure to anything you know will only add to your stress levels.

If you know that you don't want your manipulative ex involved in either your life or the life of any future child you have, just go nc.
End all contact with him and never ever agree to go anywhere near him again, no matter who he sends to try to persuade you.
Either close down the social media accounts that he follows you on or block him.
Change all your contact information and switch your social media profiles to private so that he won't won't easily be able to get in contact with you.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
Get a blood test from your GP or a sexual health clinic as soon as possible to confirm whether you are pregnant.
Put your own safety and ambitions first,

If the test is positive, then you can decide how you want to proceed with the pregnancy.
If you decide to be a parent, best to avoid dating whilst pregnant and when looking after a young baby.
Your focus has to be on staying healthy and positive, with very limited exposure to anything you know will only add to your stress levels.

If you know that you don't want your manipulative ex involved in either your life or the life of any future child you have, just go nc.
End all contact with him and never ever agree to go anywhere near him again, no matter who he sends to try to persuade you.
Either close down the social media accounts that he follows you on or block him.
Change all your contact information and switch your social media profiles to private so that he won't won't easily be able to get in contact with you.
Good luck!

Thank you so much for your response! I just have mixed views about telling my ex...I don't want him involved in any way, shape or form but I also feel like he has a right to know if I am and I'd feel guilty him not knowing, or there's a huge risk if he ever found out
Hi,

Thanks everyone x

Have the baby, rinse his pockets for child support x
Reply 11

Financially wise, by the time the baby is born I would be financially stable, and I know I can get extra support for my circumstances as I'll be a student in September. As for accommodation, I'm moving into my own flat, near essential places. I would be able to afford a baby, and I know there are people who would supoirt me if need be. As for the upbringing of my baby, I know how I'd do it, I've wanted a child for a long time I just have limited knowledge of the whole thingThinking ahead:

A baby is a 24 hour a day job. How would you balance sleepless nights with homework and studies?

Whilst childcare is one of the biggest costs to parents, and baby clothes and equipment can be acquired cheaply or as hand-me-downs, have you done the sums on what money would be available for the baby after all your essential costs?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending