The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Thanks calderstonesLFC for the info on Sweden :biggrin: So I decided to bet on them afterall. I did a £10 on for Argies/Sweden as that had better odds than England Sweden.

I also did a little research, and I found that the referee for our match today is Toru Kamikawa who was the ref for the Poland v Ecuador match, and only gave out 3 yellow cards. Also, in our game v Paraguay, there were only 3 yellow cards, 2 of which should not have been. In TnT's match against Sweden, there were only 4 yellow cards. So I put on £4.50 for booking points 5 pts and under @ 6.6. And £2 on for 6-8 booking points at £3.35 to cover me for my earlier bet. My 'worst' case scenario is for over 5 bookings.

So much research could come to nothing if there are over 5 bookings :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure the second set of group matches will be more calm as alot of players are already on a yellow card and another away from a suspension?

I also put £7 on for Rooney to play first v TnT @ 2.42. The odds have somewhat decreased :eek:
Reply 381
Do you think the czech republic or italy are the better team to go with for my Argentina double? Better odds with the czech republic but i'm thinking ghana are more dangerous than the usa. What do you reckon?

I think there may be a fair few cards for T&T today as they will be desperate to give England a hard game. Some of their tackles against Sweden were dodgy aswell. I don't think there will be many on the England side though, as you say they all want to play in the second round.
It was a pretty much carbon copy england performance
jose
Do you think the czech republic or italy are the better team to go with for my Argentina double? Better odds with the czech republic but i'm thinking ghana are more dangerous than the usa. What do you reckon?

I think there may be a fair few cards for T&T today as they will be desperate to give England a hard game. Some of their tackles against Sweden were dodgy aswell. I don't think there will be many on the England side though, as you say they all want to play in the second round.
I'd go with Czech mate :wink: Since they have the better odds, they'll have no problem against Ghana like Italy didn't. And everyone was expecting Italy to be a major flop. I think Italy will pwn USA aswell.

Yeah I'm hoping for a calm game today. A very open one sided one, so there's no need for rash tackles etc. :redface:
Reply 384
I just placed 2 interesting bets...

£5 on Owen Hargreaves to come on as a substitute at 2.25
£5 on Wayne Rooney to spend longer on the pitch than Theo Walcott at 2.25

What do you reckon?
Reply 385
Dodgy matches again today, ill be looking later on, england are already in an acc, but ill be putting corners/bookings/gs down i think.
james99
I just placed 2 interesting bets...

£5 on Owen Hargreaves to come on as a substitute at 2.25
£5 on Wayne Rooney to spend longer on the pitch than Theo Walcott at 2.25

What do you reckon?
They both seem pretty good to me. Betfair?
Reply 387
jose
Think the Mexico match could be a close one.

It probably will be but i think they can do it and the other two shouldnt be too much of a problem.
Reply 388
justfarhan
They both seem pretty good to me. Betfair?

Nope, ladbrokes :smile:
Reply 389
I think you're on to a winner with those two.
I might go with all three for my accumulator - Argentina/Czech/Italy - £3 wins £9.77
If possible, bet on these matches, the bolded to win;

Argentina v Serbia & Montenegro
Holland v Ivory Coast
Czech Republic v Ghana
Italy v USA
Portugal v Iran
jose
I think you're on to a winner with those two.
I might go with all three for my accumulator - Argentina/Czech/Italy - £3 wins £9.77
Only £3? That's a guaranteed win :wink:
Reply 392
justfarhan
If possible, bet on these matches, the bolded to win;

Argentina v Serbia & Montenegro
Holland
v Ivory Coast
Czech Republic v Ghana
Italy v USA
Portugal v Iran

Are argentina and serbia both supposed to be bold? As in a draw?
Cortez
Are argentina and serbia both supposed to be bold? As in a draw?
No sorry :s: That went wrong :cool:
Reply 394
I but £3 on Argentina/Portugal to win £4 so if Mexico dont win my winnings for Argentina/Portugal (which are pretty sure wins) will cover my losses.

14/05/2006 Argentina/Mexico/Portugal 3 3.37
14/05/2006 Argentina/Portugal 3 2.33

If both go as planned then i should make around £8.
Looks like my Wayne Rooney bet is coming closer and closer..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/england/5082118.stm

:biggrin:
Reply 396
Ecudor 1-0 up already! I think i should have put them in some of my accumulators, i under estimated them.
I just stuck on £4 for 3 goals or more after they scored. I win around £3 I think.
Reply 398
Who got the first corner in the match thats on now?
Reply 399
justfarhan
Only £3? That's a guaranteed win :wink:

Yeah but i foolishly tied up £20 of my betting money on overall winner/golden boot winner/golden ball winner bets before this thread started. i have only given myself about £5 to work with on these accumulators and live bets. I'm also wary of losing money on these bets because if none of my outrights come off i could easily be £30 down which would be a pain in the ass. I'd like to win £10-15 then take out £10 to cover some of my outrights, then i'll use the rest to carry on with accumulators.

Edit: If i stuck Portugal on it aswell then £4 would win £19 :smile:. Think i might be going with that one.

Quick Reply

Latest