The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

Scroll to see replies

what do you guys think of these bets? i have never betted on football in my life:

chelsea vs fc copenhagen - chelsea to win at 8/11: $10 -> $17.27
manchester united vs marseille - manchester united to win at 6/5: $10 -> $22
ajax vs anderlecht - ajax to win at 4/6: $10 -> $16.67

am i risking too much? lol

and is there such thing is a 3fold bet? (i.e. if i win all 3 bets i get a bigger reward)

thanks in advance!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by gay4justinbeiber
what do you guys think of these bets? i have never betted on football in my life:

and is there such thing is a 3fold bet? (i.e. if i win all 3 bets i get a bigger reward)

thanks in advance!

tbh, the Chelsea and Ajax games are a bit a risky. Chelsea aren't in great form and the result really could go either way. Manchester United should win though, but I'm predicting by only a goal.
We'll see how Real Sociedad do tomorrow but nothing has been hitting! Sampdoria parked the bus for 45 minutes, Fiorentina had so many chances.

thanks in advance!

Would avoid the first two. Ajax should beat Anderlecht at home, I believe they beat them 2-0 or something in the first leg away.
Original post by Mastermind`
We'll see how Real Sociedad do tomorrow but nothing has been hitting! Sampdoria parked the bus for 45 minutes, Fiorentina had so many chances.

Would avoid the first two. Ajax should beat Anderlecht at home, I believe they beat them 2-0 or something in the first leg away.
thanks for that, i'll look into the chelsea and man u game!
Original post by jaheen22
tbh, the Chelsea and Ajax games are a bit a risky. Chelsea aren't in great form and the result really could go either way. Manchester United should win though, but I'm predicting by only a goal.
yeah i don't think i'll bet on chelsea anymore haha but the man u game looks like a good gamble.

thanks for ur feedback

Original post by Mastermind`

guys what do you think about these bets:

(1) Ajax vs Anderlecht (odds for Ajax 4/6): $30 => $50
Ajax 3-0 Anderlecht AT ANDERLECHT in the 1st leg

(2) FC Twente vs Rubin Kazan (odds for FC Twente 5/6): $20 => $36.67
FC Twente 2-0 Rubin Kazan AT RUBIN KAZAN in the 1st leg

(3) Bayern Munchen vs Borussia Demund (odds for BM 8/11): $20 => $34.55
Match AT Bayern Munchen
(look at Bayern's home wins! http://www.soccerway.com/teams/germany/fc-bayern-munchen/)

(4)Inter Milan vs Sampdoria (odds for Inter Milan 10/11): $15 => $28.64
Match AT Sampdoria

..Samporia have lost 3 in their last 5 home games (4 in their last away games, but that's irrelevant) but i have never seen them play.

i need some serious advice on this one though lol:

(5) Real Madrid vs Lyon (odds for RM 5/6): $20 => $36.67
Match AT LYON.

RM's away record: http://www.soccerway.com/teams/spain/real-madrid-club-de-futbol/

Lyon's home record: http://www.soccerway.com/teams/france/olympique-lyonnais/

i only really watch premier league, series A and champions league football though so i don't know how good the teams they played were. should i just play it safe and scrap the RM vs Lyon bet? out of bets (1) (2) (3) (4) and (5), which should i keep?

and i'm betting on bet365.com, is there a way i can maybe get an extra reward if i win all 3,4,5 or w/e bets?

any advice is much appreciated, thanks!
(edited 13 years ago)
Is there a Betting Thread for all sports?

and i'm betting on bet365.com, is there a way i can maybe get an extra reward if i win all 3,4,5 or w/e bets?

thanks!

its called an accumulator
Original post by rorydaredking
its called an accumulator
...you get a bigger reward if you win say, all 4 matches or something right?
...you get a bigger reward if you win say, all 4 matches or something right?

Yes. Basically the winnings of the first bet becomes the stake for the second bet and so on. If you lose one of the bets you lose the whole thing.
Yes. Basically the winnings of the first bet becomes the stake for the second bet and so on. If you lose one of the bets you lose the whole thing.
**** that lol

which of those matches do you think i should put money on though?
Original post by JaggySnake95
Is there a Betting Thread for all sports?

This is it.

I had some money of Katona to be voted out of DOI. :cyber:
Reply 3992
**** that lol

which of those matches do you think i should put money on though?

As those matches could go either way tbh, so I'd bet 2 doubles on the 4 most predicatable fixtures If I was betting on those games.

If all the games were 1/1 odds (which they are all close to) then 2 double accumualotors would both have 3/1 odds, so if you bet £20 on each then if both win you are £120 up and if 1 wins you are £40 up.

If you bet on 4 doubles this way then If only 1 wins you'd be break even, if 2 win you'd be £120 up, 3 then £220 up, or 4 then you'd be £320 up!
I made a quick £500 after stating with £20earlier on after some tennis betting, just betting on who would win a particular game. Only took a couple of hours aswell. :smile:
Tempted to back Benfica and Hertha Berlin tonight. :pierre:
Original post by jklmn
As those matches could go either way tbh, so I'd bet 2 doubles on the 4 most predicatable fixtures If I was betting on those games.
really? the only ones i thought could go either way are RM vs lyon and bayern vs derussia. and what is meant by betting 2 doubles? :redface: sorry, i'm a big betting rookie.

Original post by jklmn
If all the games were 1/1 odds (which they are all close to) then 2 double accumualotors would both have 3/1 odds, so if you bet £20 on each then if both win you are £120 up and if 1 wins you are £40 up.
so if i bet £20 on each of the three matches (i.e. £60 overall) and i win at least one of these, i'll only be down £20? i'm pretty confident with ajax and twente to win, having looked at the stats, so do you know how much i'd win/lose if i won 2/3 of the bets?

Original post by jklmn
If you bet on 4 doubles this way then If only 1 wins you'd be break even, if 2 win you'd be £120 up, 3 then £220 up, or 4 then you'd be £320 up!
wow that sounds so convincing.

what does 4 doubles mean though? :colondollar:

thanks bro
Reply 3996
really? the only ones i thought could go either way are RM vs lyon and bayern vs derussia. and what is meant by betting 2 doubles? :redface: sorry, i'm a big betting rookie.

so if i bet £20 on each of the three matches (i.e. £60 overall) and i win at least one of these, i'll only be down £20? i'm pretty confident with ajax and twente to win, having looked at the stats, so do you know how much i'd win/lose if i won 2/3 of the bets?

wow that sounds so convincing.

what does 4 doubles mean though? :colondollar:

thanks bro

I think the English teams will struggle tbh but it's up to you.

A double is an accumulator bet... An accumulator can be as big as you want but if you make a big one it's more than likely that 1 team will ruin it.

As you are such a rookie I'll completely explain accumulators for you:
Say 2 games have odds 1/1 on the result you want (to show you how the calculations work you'll need to convert to decimal odds, 1/1 odds are 2.00 decimal odds). If you put a double accumulator on, 2 results have to go your way.
So if you put on a double where both odds are 2.00, then you're odds are now 2.00 squared, so 4.00/or treble where both odds are 2.00 you're odds are 2.00 cubed, 8.00.

So you'd need to put on 4 doubles with odds 3/1 (2 games together with 1/1 odds) for my last para' in my last post to be correct... Get it?
Impulse treble for tonight:

Real Sociedad, West Ham and Benfica @ roughly 7/1
Original post by jklmn
I think the English teams will struggle tbh but it's up to you.
i thought Twente and Ajax were dutch, not english :tongue: i'm considering betting on tottenham to beat blackpool tomorrow though (odds at 4/5). do you know if any of bale, modric, van de vaart, lennon or crouch are injured?

Original post by jklmn
A double is an accumulator bet... An accumulator can be as big as you want but if you make a big one it's more than likely that 1 team will ruin it.

As you are such a rookie I'll completely explain accumulators for you:
Say 2 games have odds 1/1 on the result you want (to show you how the calculations work you'll need to convert to decimal odds, 1/1 odds are 2.00 decimal odds). If you put a double accumulator on, 2 results have to go your way.
So if you put on a double where both odds are 2.00, then you're odds are now 2.00 squared, so 4.00/or treble where both odds are 2.00 you're odds are 2.00 cubed, 8.00.

So you'd need to put on 4 doubles with odds 3/1 (2 games together with 1/1 odds) for my last para' in my last post to be correct... Get it?
oh i see..

thanks for that. i'll probably stick to simple bets then start accumulating when i've got more confidence/money haha.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3999
I've been interested in betting on one-sided matches for a while now, early FA Cup rounds, that sort of thing. Any advice?

Quick Reply

Latest