The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fallen_acorns
what went wrong?

+ not a great night for me, but salvaged by my safty-bet :smile:

Nothing, I won on the Barca game and lost on the Conference Play Off game. Won a tiny amount, but I'll call it more or less break-even.
Original post by pane123
Nothing, I won on the Barca game and lost on the Conference Play Off game. Won a tiny amount, but I'll call it more or less break-even.

then why is it the end of your season? still a fair bit left to play for, and some interesting games/fixtures coming up...
Reply 7983
Original post by SloaneRanger
I was thinking putting £200 at 16/1 for them to win the division - nl central.... they have a chance......can easily lay eventually in july if there contenders

You betting on the baseball tonight?
Might go for Phillies again.
Reply 7984
Original post by fat_hobbit
It was a risky bet, which is why I cashed in on the 82nd minute after Villa came on. Otherwise I would have won the full amount -30.

Only reason why I stuck it on, is because bayern didnt want to give barca the away goal advantage. You could see it from the way they were playing. Also they are quite decent defensively.

Madrid are the better team, a bit shaky defensively, but offensively they are amazing.

Do you use Betfair then? Also is the cash in thing worth it? Isn't it just the same as hedging but more favourable to the bookie?

I thought Madrid were the better team but they didn't play well against UTD and they were outplayed by BD in the group stages. If someone marks Xabi Alonso, they will struggle. Not sure if Dortmund have the personnel to mark up the few key players.

If BD are underdogs, I may stick some money on them going through.
Original post by fallen_acorns
then why is it the end of your season? still a fair bit left to play for, and some interesting games/fixtures coming up...

There's nothing left to play for in any leagues I bet on. Not entirely sure why I was betting tonight, I think I got carried away with all the chat on here.
Original post by KD35
Do you use Betfair then? Also is the cash in thing worth it? Isn't it just the same as hedging but more favourable to the bookie?

I thought Madrid were the better team but they didn't play well against UTD and they were outplayed by BD in the group stages. If someone marks Xabi Alonso, they will struggle. Not sure if Dortmund have the personnel to mark up the few key players.

If BD are underdogs, I may stick some money on them going through.

William hill

Cash in has saved my ass a few times. For example, if you had money for bayern to win, and barca were ahead and then went onto win the match, you wont lose the full amount, only a fraction of it - providing you cash in.

On the other hand, as you just saw now, I lost the chance to win the total amount (30), rather won 11. Then again, I was expecting barca to grab a goal late on.

Dortmund were lucky to get this far - did you see them against malaga?

If basketball had cash in, I would make a killing tbh
(edited 11 years ago)
William hill

Cash in has saved my ass a few times. For example, if you had money for bayern to win, and barca were ahead and then went onto win the match, you wont lose the full amount, only a fraction of it - providing you cash in.

On the other hand, as you just saw now, I lost the chance to win the total amount (30), rather won 11. Then again, I was expecting barca to grab a goal late on.

Surely you just need to place a lay bet and you can cash in on basketball.
Original post by pane123
Surely you just need to place a lay bet and you can cash in on basketball.

Never done it before.
Reply 7989
Come on Ronaldo you beautiful man. Win me some money!

Original post by DH1'

wow.. thats a pretty insane and impressive bet! hope it works for you!
Reply 7991
William hill

I'll look into it. It'll be hard to move on from 365 tho as they're the best I've tried atm.

Very suprised Barca didn't sneak one tbh, Messi just wasn't in the mood it seemed.

Dortmund were V lucky to beat Malaga but I didn't watch that game so have limited knowledge on it. Malaga may be a better team than everyone thinks.
Never done it before.

Do you have a Betfair account? You have talked about hedging numerous times in the past.
Original post by DH1'

Well done for calling the Manutd-West ham game!
Reply 7994
Original post by DH1'

that is a winner, right there!
Original post by KD35
I'll look into it. It'll be hard to move on from 365 tho as they're the best I've tried atm.

Very suprised Barca didn't sneak one tbh, Messi just wasn't in the mood it seemed.

Dortmund were V lucky to beat Malaga but I didn't watch that game so have limited knowledge on it. Malaga may be a better team than everyone thinks.

They are not as good as madrid.

Ronaldo is probably the best player in the world atm.

Mourinho is also an amazing coach.
Original post by KD35

It doesn't matter which bookie site you like best, you should have various accounts so you always get the best odds.
Reply 7997
Baseball pick for tonight.
DET Tigers @ 1.57.
Reply 7998
Original post by pane123
It doesn't matter which bookie site you like best, you should have various accounts so you always get the best odds.

Yeah true, I'm trying to do that but I'm a bit strapped for cash right now and it'd be ideal to have the minimum deposit in each account.
Original post by Nerd2
Baseball pick for tonight.
DET Tigers @ 1.57.

Such a bad bet....1.57....., no value in that what so ever.Wade Davis is not the worst pitcher, those odds for detroit are bad.

Quick Reply

Latest