The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Well i'm going for Porto and Dynamo Kiev home wins. Plus, bloody el, Manyoo have gotta beat Celtic tonight they are a average championship side at best!

As much as I hate Celtic, GIRUY, an "average championship side" beat the Premier League leaders on aggregate.
Tip for the weekend -

1000 Guinea's (spelt something like that) Horse Race

Indian Ink To Win

My dad tipped me off one month ago when it was 35/1, that same week it got mentioned in the Racing Post to win, and by the next day the odds were down to 25/1. I backed it at the 25/1 price (as did my mates). Every week since then its continued to reduce in price and is now 12/1 on most sites. It ran last weekend and came 2nd but it was a shorter distanced race than the 1000G's and would have won if a longer race. Well worth an eachway bet!!!
Reply 1382
i hate driving to the bookies to place bets so i want to join online betting :rolleyes:

which site do you think would be best? strickly football betting here!

paddypower looks good.

p.s does the amounts and name show on the bank statements???
This thread is your point of call for all online betting tips, ideas, hints etc. :smile:
Reply 1384
anelka9
i hate driving to the bookies to place bets so i want to join online betting :rolleyes:

which site do you think would be best? strickly football betting here!

paddypower looks good.

p.s does the amounts and name show on the bank statements???

Generally yeah. You could sign up to Betfair though and then you can fund your account through PayPal and you'll get PayPal on your statement instead.
Reply 1385
New Sunbet customers: Place a £10 bet today on ANY Sport and we’ll give you 5 x £5 bets absolutely free!

is this worth joining?
is there any catch?
If this guy isn't being paid off by Coral to choose ridiculously difficult bets I'd be baffled.

This is what he says:

Spoiler

First off he bookends both top teams in Scotland who probably rarely have bets put against them by peopel other than opposition fans.

The Newcastle and Fulham game is interesting because the signs point towards Newcastle in every way IMO and its certainly nothing like a Fulham victory to be bettign on based on the facts I think.

Then both of the big 4 games. Both will be notoriously difficult to predict. Persoanlyl I dont think the Man Utd game will end in a draw. I think both teams will probably wanna win it so I would be inclined to go for a win.

Similarly for the Arsenal game its just so hard to pick who might win that its not worth it.

Essentially the 2 'big 4' games spell disaster unless you are very lucky.

What do you think? (on top of that some of his more specifi suggestions are stupid as well, but I THINK his 300 quid win is only based on a £10 accumulator on results rather than specific scorers and scorelines)
Liverpool v Manchester United

Phil say's away win :cool:
Reply 1388
Agree with you. Pompey, Villa and City and even Birmingham look more attractive
Reply 1389
That doesn't look too bad to be fair. If its difficult to predict a winner in a game then a draw is the answer.
im not sure how its calculated, but tbh you may as well do your own accumulator on what you think is right, even if it doesnt make as much. you can make one up based on results from serie A, la liga etc.
remember coral are only saying results which will tempt more people to place that bet, the fulham result etc. is just to bump up the winnings to look attractive, i saw that accumulator and didnt like the look of the top 4 match choices

if you cant predict a winner from a close game then its better to not predict on it, theres other options for example:

Spoiler

Does no-one bother using this anymore?
calcium878
Does no-one bother using this anymore?

Nobody has ever used it, as this is the wrong forum IMO. Hubert Poo moved it here and stickied it, thinking that people who bet in life use vBookie so they would see it, but the betting discussion usually takes place in the football forum - where this originally came from.

This topic gained the "discussion" from my "Events & Discussion" (Now Events) thread :s:
Hmm ok :p:
I'll let Rafa decide what is to happen with it, but its being here seems wrong as you say.
Unsticking it, because the Football forum really has too many bloody stickies as it is. Speaking of which, I should really get back to work on finishing off that bumper sticky now that I've got access to my own computer again.
Reply 1395
might be a good idea to go for birmingham to beat spurs today :smile:
anelka9
might be a good idea to go for birmingham to beat spurs today :smile:

:yy: Good call.

If you stick £20 on Milan to win inside 90 mins with 3 or more goals scored in the match (both teams will need to score, remember), you'll take home £75. put £100 on Arsenal winning 2-0 and Cesc being first goal scorer, you'll win a lot of money.
Online betting is dangerously addictive!

I've probably shelled out £50 over the past 6 months on random £2/3 accumulators, and got back bugger all.

Should really stop doing that!
Reply 1398
http://www.coral.co.uk/sbuk.go?page=grouppage&groupid=163254&lang=20&sid=20&ms=&type=0

If i was to bet on this, what am I actually betting on?

Cheers
Reply 1399
Has anyone had a go at matched betting? I was talking to a mate the other day who made about £200 in 3 weeks - anyone had any experiences?

Quick Reply

Latest