The Student Room Group

Betting Tips & Discussion

This is a thread for people who are betting money, which is for those who are 18 and responsible. It is not legal to gamble below the age of 18, and neither I or TSR condones this or promotes it.

Advice given here by Farhan, Economist, myself and any other seasoned better who wishes to reveal a tip-off, is based on our own views and is NOT a sure thing... We are not perfect, but we just offer you advice based on how we treat our money, which is with respect.

So right now the focus is the World Cup, obviously... And I will post tomorrow morning once I have done a bit more research about tomorrows games. It's quite a hard pick for tomorrows games, but I'll get back to you.

In the meantime, feel free to offer advice around, but try to keep idle chat minimal, so people can get the good info easily!

Enjoy eternal wealth and prosperity, if you're lucky :wink:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Wow, forgive my lazyness :redface:

I knew I'd have to write to long legal stuff, just didn't know how to say it :smile:

It's up to the individuals if they want to bet, like you said. We will have no complaining.

I'll post some good ones inabit..

Today's matches seem shaggy though. :frown:
I still think Ronaldo is a good price at 11/1 for the golden boot. Put a few quid on now before he plays on tuesday, knocks a few in and consequently his price will plumit to around 4/1.
Reply 3
Wayne Rooney to score for England, a certainty? Hmm. When will he be back?

http://www.coral.co.uk/sb.go?page=grouppage&groupid=119919&lang=20&sid=20&ms=MS

4/5.
justfarhan
Wayne Rooney to score for England, a certainty? Hmm. When will he be back?

http://www.coral.co.uk/sb.go?page=grouppage&groupid=119919&lang=20&sid=20&ms=MS

4/5.

I would fancy terry to score at 15/8.
Reply 5
That doesn't sound a bad idea! I'd've fancied Campbell, because he almost always scores for England, but he may not even play this time round :frown:

I stuck on £5 for Klose to win Golden Boot @ 20/1. :biggrin:
Reply 6
That's a nice bet there, but I'm not with Coral, and also think it's a bit too random... Ie if he came back into a game and then realised he was too unfit or he takes a knock to his foot, then we are screwed for that.

Those of us on betfair, a spot I've made is that its 3.3 for McBride to top the USA scoring campaign in the competition. He plays as a lone striker-ish tomorrow in all probability, and so he could well end up being their top scorer. Not a sure thing, but the odds are pretty nice atm.

Though if you don't fancy USA to make it out of the group stage, then it might be unwise, since in the group stages random goals from midfielders and wingers could prevent him being top scorer.
Reply 7
justfarhan
That doesn't sound a bad idea! I'd've fancied Campbell, because he almost always scores for England, but he may not even play this time round :frown:

I stuck on £5 for Klose to win Golden Boot @ 20/1. :biggrin:
Same here, and also got him with a tenner for Germany's top scorer at about 3.5-1.
I wouldn't be suprised if the USA don't get more than 1 point from that group.
Reply 9
RobbieC
Same here, and also got him with a tenner for Germany's top scorer at about 3.5-1.
I wish I put more on him :frown:

---

SPAIN have Tunisia and Saudi Arabia in their group. If you find a bet that they'll score alot of goals, go for it. I can't find it now.. It was on the Coral website.
Reply 10
how about ivory coast as an outside bet to win the thing? 50/1 or even the dutch?
Reply 11
Both in a group with Argentina. Holland looked solid today, I doubt the Coast would topple them, possibly a draw though.

So I'd think IC won't progress, though they're one of my outside faves.
Betfair is bloody confusing.. I don't understand hardly a thing on it lol. All the back, lay, and sell odds :s: and stuff.
Reply 13
justfarhan
Betfair is bloody confusing.. I don't understand hardly a thing on it lol. All the back, lay, and sell odds :s: and stuff.

Betfair is a betting exchange, the customer sets the odds.. read up, and you'll never look back as far as betting/laying goes.
Reply 14
I just bet on the odds given, I see no reason to complicate it more.
Reply 15
RobbieC

but why, when there is better odds out there?
justfarhan

It is very confusing at 1st but follow the tutorials and you will be fine. It is well worth the effort of getting to know how to use it as it will vastly increase the chances you will make money since the odds are far better. You can also bet inplay, so if you bet on a team and they go 1-0 up you can lock in profit whatever the outcome
RobbieC

Its worth the effort, bookies rip you off in terms of the odds
Im only a mere 17, but dont you try and stop me spreading the wisdow :smile:
Personally im staying away from the games today, i cant see any surefire wins were i can accum on to get a decent return.
Currently £45 quid up, which puts me £45 quid nearer to pre-booking my flights for the euro away this season.
***** Hot Tip Of The Day*
Poland at 6.8 to qualify on Betfair.

Quick Reply

Latest