The Student Room Group

Dentistry with very low AS result

I really want to study dentistry and have got very good GCSE result with 6 A-A*and 7 B, but my AS result was very unexpected and low. Can I still apply for dentistry in my UCAS application?
Original post by Limawis
I really want to study dentistry and have got very good GCSE result with 6 A-A*and 7 B, but my AS result was very unexpected and low. Can I still apply for dentistry in my UCAS application?

This really depends on a lot of different factors.

First and foremost, as you are probably aware, Dentistry is a very difficult subject to study at university with a lot of hours and extra study needed to even just cope with the workload.

Despite this being the case, there are uni's that will consider lower graded applicants. Although, your AS level were lower than expected, do you think you'll be able to turn these results around this year? Another factor to consider, is how significantly have your predicted grades been affected by your AS results? I would imagine they would be affected fairly significantly as AS examinations are the best guide for your teacher to view your progress within the subject. Those two factors are what you really need to consider.

I did used to want to go into dentistry myself, but have not done an awful lot of research on entry requirements, so I recommend looking at the complete university guide's website then choosing a few uni's that suit you and checking their entry requirements. You could also contact the admissions tutor's of each of the universities to see if they are lenient with their offers. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by Be_alone
If you are willing to share what were your predicted?
I'm in the same situation and feeling abosultely shattered and lost

hey! I can help if you need, I Was in the same scenario last year and now im going to be a dental student in sept, my insta is @flossingwithflora :smile: drop me a dm!
Reply 3
Original post by anon-.-
hey! I can help if you need, I Was in the same scenario last year and now im going to be a dental student in sept, my insta is @flossingwithflora :smile: drop me a dm!

Hey I've send my request please accept it
Reply 4
Original post by Limawis

If you are willing to share what were your predicted?
I'm in the same situation and feeling abosultely shattered and lost

Quick Reply

Latest