The Student Room Group

The Dentistry Results Day FAQ: Waitlist, Clearing, Rejections and Everything Else

This is a dentistry-focused FAQ answering common queries about dentistry that you may have on or around results day. Please also feel free to post in the thread below.

Users on hand to help with queries:
@Mesopotamian. ---> Class of 2022 dental graduate
@Hungrysalamander ---> Year 1 going on to Year 2 dental student

You've got an offer for dentistry

I've received my grades and have been accepted onto my course to study dentistry. Is there anything I need to do right now?

You've been put on the waiting list

I've been put on the waiting list. How do I know if I've been given an offer? What do I do if I want to accept the dentistry offer but have an offer to study my back up choice?

I've been put on the waiting list but I haven't heard back. What does this mean?

You don't have an offer/ have been rejected on results day

Does dentistry enter clearing?

I've not achieved the grades I needed and have been rejected. I still want to do dentistry, what do I do?

I've not achieved the grades required and have been rejected but I'm appealing my grades. What should I do?

I really want to do dentistry but don't have any offers this year. What should I do?

I'm thinking of doing a degree and then trying for Graduate Entry Dentistry or transfer schemes. Is that a good idea?

Can I start another degree and then reapply for dentistry during my first year?

A*A*A which seems great but I've no offers 😭. Gap year for me and hopefully I'll be preparing to get into dental school this time next year.
Original post by dejectedreject
A*A*A which seems great but I've no offers 😭. Gap year for me and hopefully I'll be preparing to get into dental school this time next year.

Sorry, I’ve just seen this, I didn’t get a notification! Well done on those grades, I know the feeling as I was in a similar-ish situation. Good luck on your application next year.
Reply 3
I have an offer for Liverpool but it is 2024 entry and I have been rejected by Dundee which was my top choice. Is there any chance for me to receive an offer from Dundee on results day? Considering I received a post interview rejection and firmed Liverpool as it was the only offer I received for Dentistry.
Reply 4
Original post by dent58
I have an offer for Liverpool but it is 2024 entry and I have been rejected by Dundee which was my top choice. Is there any chance for me to receive an offer from Dundee on results day? Considering I received a post interview rejection and firmed Liverpool as it was the only offer I received for Dentistry.

What was your ucat if i may ask?

Quick Reply

Latest