The Student Room Group

Year 12 AS advice

I’m in year 12 and I’m getting really stressed about my grades this year as I need to get all A’s at the end of year 12. I am resitting my GCSE maths and I am also doing History, sociology and RE A levels I’m finding the workload really pressuring and I’m wondering if you have any advice to what I could do to de stress or even some revision tips.
Hey, I too am in y12 so I'm still working this out as well. I've not really started any major revision yet - that will mainly consist of writing up notes when I come to it. I've found sport really good for relaxing, I run and cycle and am not particularly brilliant at either, but they give you a great chance to clear your head for an hour. Why do you need all A's by the end of the year? in our school the requirements for y13 are Ds or something. Obviously I'm gonna be aiming for As😂
Reply 2
Original post by JoeHill00
Hey, I too am in y12 so I'm still working this out as well. I've not really started any major revision yet - that will mainly consist of writing up notes when I come to it. I've found sport really good for relaxing, I run and cycle and am not particularly brilliant at either, but they give you a great chance to clear your head for an hour. Why do you need all A's by the end of the year? in our school the requirements for y13 are Ds or something. Obviously I'm gonna be aiming for As😂

Hi, thanks, I’m aiming for all A’s at the end of AS as I feel it will be easier for me to get the grades needed for the university course I’m currently looking into which is law, the requirements are A* A A which is pretty high, so I feel that getting the best grades this year will help me get the grades I need for next year.
That's fair enough 😁, its not the end of the world if you don't get them though! That being said, I'll probably be really pissed off with myself if I don't do well 😂
I'm in year 13 right now and got AAAA in my AS Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Psychology and Religious Studies.

Workload wise try to spread it out. Know when each bit of homework is due and plan it so that you do the highest priority first. I know this sounds super simple and obvious but I got to the point last year that I was only doing homework for the lessons I wanted and leaving others last minute.

If you get frees, work in them! I know what it's like to want to do nothing or just chill with friends but it can seriously help reduce the work you have to do at home.

Me and a mate go to a library on Tuesday evenings and Sundays to reduce any distractions at home and help us focus on what we need to do.

Revision wise I would make flashcards on everything! They may be tedious to make but once you've made them they're priceless. It's all your notes in concise form in and way that helps you remember! It's also great for the linear A Levels now as they're easy just to pick up at any point and go over just for 5 minutes.

Past papers are a godsend. Do as many as you can find cause they're good practice. You can try and mark them yourself however with your subjects it might just be easier to ask your teacher to go over them too.

Mindmaps can also be great at keeping your notes concise and make sure you understand the key points without the waffle. I especially used these for RS with it being very content heavy!

I hope everything goes well and if you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask!
Reply 5
Thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely use these tips in the future

Quick Reply

Latest