The Student Room Group

3 sciences and maths A-level

Hi, I’ve recently started year 12 and have decided to take Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. My original route was to go into medicine but I took physics to keep engineering options open. As I joined late, I’m already stating to struggle mainly in physics and partly maths. I would love some advice from anyone who took these A-levels, know anyone who took them, or just general information.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Parrot2023
Hi, I’ve recently started year 12 and have decided to take Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths. My original route was to go into medicine but I took physics to keep engineering options open. As I joined late, I’m already stating to struggle mainly in physics and partly maths. I would love some advice from anyone who took these A-levels, know anyone who took them, or just general information.

Hi, I know some people in my year who applied for medicine and took Physics at the start of year 12. A few of them dropped Physics as they found it hard and this made it easier to focus on 3 subjects, however some were able to manage with the difficulty of Physics (also have to consider that year 13 content tends to be harder). Also for engineering some courses only need maths and a science (depends on which engineering courses you're applying for). My advice would be to wait until around 2/3 of the way through year 12 (maybe after mocks) to decide on what courses you'll apply for and which subjects you want to continue into year 13. Also, in terms of maths, there are some really useful youtube channels which focus on a-level maths, and doing lots of physicsandmathstutor exam questions can help to consolidate your knowledge after lessons. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest