The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I didn't understand the first part - my chem teacher said it was a "basterd of a question" to use his expression.
Observations - Fizzing
Product - NaCl
Equation - Cn't remember (btw I got tht first part wrong)

2nd:-

Observations - White precipitate produced
Reactant - BaSO4
Eqatuin- NaSO4 + BaCl =======> NaCl + BaSO4
aye
if hcl is 0.267 moles
what is the mass of na2co3.10h2o required for neutralisation
Reply 23
**** nos':L
It's done now anyways. No point in protagonising, I was just wondering how people rated the exam itself
Reply 24
IMO the whole exam was just out of context, after having done all exam past papers on the AQA website, the context of this exam was totally different. Usually first 2question is about the charges of protons and the relative masses of electrons. Also they ask you to deduce an element and find the element and loads of other stuff were different but there were some ordinary questions like why has silicon got a high mp. I just hope that the grade boundary is going to be A LOT lower.i would estimate 73% for an A.(I hope)
0.5 x 0.267= 0.1335 moles of Na2CO3, 1335 x 106.0= 14.15. 14.15 x 100/37.1= 38.1g is what I put if I remember correctly
ben_stretch
0.5 x 0.267= 0.1335 moles of Na2CO3, 1335 x 106.0= 14.15. 14.15 x 100/37.1= 38.1g is what I put if I remember correctly

yep or just 0.1335 x 286
i think
Reply 27
73% for an A. Now that is wishfull thinking:L
Yes, your totaly right, it was completely different to those of previous years. More application of knowledge, then realing of a list of facts?
polarised cl-

dues to large charge to size on cation?
aye, my words were 'large charge to size ratio would do it'
Reply 30
Yup.
Reply 31
Mass to charge boys:P Sicentits dont like genreal terms such as "size" and amount:L
But, yeah, you will of course get the mark
Reply 32
i don't think its NaCl for the part a of qu 4, as NaCl is aqueous so u can't see it, i put bubbles and carbon dioxide,

also what did people get for the ideal gas equation question?
can anyone remember the figures for the ideal gas question? 298K, how many KPa? and something x 10 -2 moles of CO2?
Reply 34
1.???x10-3??? sumtihing like tht ... m3
Reply 35
100Kpa
1.90 x 10-3 or -4 i think i got
Reply 37
ben_stretch
1.90 x 10-3 or -4 i think i got

good thats what i got but some people managed to get 1.7x 10^-3 was a bit worried lol

and i think it was 101kpa, also surprised they didn't give R, although probably should know it anyway
Reply 38
lol, Somthing like that...
Well, Let's just hope the grade boundries are low!
I know, R is given on the sheet your given with the periodic table but I thought they always gave you it!

Latest