The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Thoughts on University of West London UWL???

Hello all,

I have been given an offer to study law (LLB) at UWL. What are your thoughts on the uni? future perspectives and teaching quality?

Do you go there? How are you finding it?

Also, opinions on MMU, Greenwich, University of Law London and UWE would also be appreciated.

Many thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Not a great uni, not worth your money, especially doing law there, won’t get you a job MMU or UWE is the best option
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Nasir1738
Not a great uni, not worth your money, especially doing law there, won’t get you a job MMU or UWE is the best option

What makes you say so?
I am thinking of putting it down as my insurance but I haven't decided yet.
What do you think of Greenwich or University of Law London? (I would prefer to study in London if possible)
It’s just not gonna get you a great job as a lawyer, plus the university is not well regarded, Greenwich is better not sure about Law London
Reply 4
Original post by Nasir1738
It’s just not gonna get you a great job as a lawyer, plus the university is not well regarded, Greenwich is better not sure about Law London

I understand, I am a bit torn as I have been hearing mixed comments about it and haven't been able to find anything in regards to Law (apart from people that work there, of course, which is biased)
I'd say the University of Law London for sure as their course is accredited whereas the one at Greenwich is not. Having an accredited University degree will make it much easier to get a good job in Law.
Reply 6
Original post by S.H.Rahman
I'd say the University of Law London for sure as their course is accredited whereas the one at Greenwich is not. Having an accredited University degree will make it much easier to get a good job in Law.

The one at Greenwich is also accredited.
Original post by BiancaMD
What makes you say so?
I am thinking of putting it down as my insurance but I haven't decided yet.
What do you think of Greenwich or University of Law London? (I would prefer to study in London if possible)

University of law is a nice location, right on tottenham court rd tube station. Did my foundation close to it, always ate lunch at a burger place next to there lol.
Reply 8
Hi Bianca

I studied at UWL for Psychology and the teaching was absolutely excellent. The lecturers were really helpful and easy to talk to, and I often used to go the them after a lecture to ask about all the points that I didn't understand.

UWL is known as the career's university and the career team here is brilliant (oh, and you have access to them for you whole life if you become a student here!)

I understand Law and Psychology are different but I really enjoyed my time at UWL and really rate the Lecturers.

Any questions, just ask :smile:

Good luck with your choice!

Bethan
Reply 9
Original post by BethanKG
Hi Bianca

I studied at UWL for Psychology and the teaching was absolutely excellent. The lecturers were really helpful and easy to talk to, and I often used to go the them after a lecture to ask about all the points that I didn't understand.

UWL is known as the career's university and the career team here is brilliant (oh, and you have access to them for you whole life if you become a student here!)

I understand Law and Psychology are different but I really enjoyed my time at UWL and really rate the Lecturers.

Bethan

Hey Bethan

Thank you so much for getting back to me. It sounds like you had a great experience.

You have definitely helped clarify some things so thank you for that!
Does anyone do Social Work there? Im reallkeen on knowing your experience
Original post by MamaJama90
Does anyone do Social Work there? Im reallkeen on knowing your experience

Did you end up going to UWL... if so how was the experience?
Reply 12
How is UWL in 1444 (ce 2023)?
Original post by Sharns1211
Did you end up going to UWL... if so how was the experience?

Hi, no i'm currently at University of Westminster, decided to change my course as well to Psychology and Counselling. So glad I did
Reply 14
Original post by ayeman
How is UWL in 1444 (ce 2023)?

wondering if you ended up going since there's barely anything about uwl esp for biomed😭
Reply 15
Original post by BethanKG
Hi Bianca

Bethan
Hi!
I got an offer to study psychology at UWL. I would love to know more about everything. let me know if we can talk :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending