The Student Room Group

Drama Studio London 2022

Anyone starting a course at DSL in 2022? I'm gonna do the MFA in acting!
I had my recall for BA Acting a month ago today and I’m constantly on pins! I’m just wondering if anybody has a recall with Drama Studio this year and how long it took them to hear back? Last year I had my rejection within about 3 days so the anxious side of me is scared I’ve accidentally been missed out haha!
Reply 2
I found them very open to mails, so if you think something went wrong I wouldn't hesitate just to ask! They are all very nice :smile:
Original post by MaritL
I found them very open to mails, so if you think something went wrong I wouldn't hesitate just to ask! They are all very nice :smile:

Okay great thank you I might drop them an email! How long did it take for yourself to hear back? :smile:
Reply 4
Well I was originally gonna start last year, but sadly I couldn't. But I knew that from all the ones I got in to, DSL just felt right. So I reapplied again asap, and because I already passed the first round before I just had a recall this year. It took about 2 weeks this time, and I actually emailed back too as I remembered last year it took less than a day. So I think it depends, but definitely ask I think!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by MaritL
Well I was originally gonna start last year, but sadly I couldn't. But I knew that from all the ones I applied to, DSL just felt right. So I reapplied again asap, and because I already passed the first round before I just had a recall this year. It took about 2 weeks this time, and I actually emailed back too as I remembered last year it took less than a day. So I think it depends, but definitely ask I think!

Amazing thanks so much! I just get a bit panicky over whether or not I’m being pushy, but like you said if they’re quite happy to answer queries I may leave it a few more days and then drop them an email!
Reply 6
Original post by MaritL

Heya, congrats! How long did it take you to hear back after your first round self-tape? It's been three months now and I already emailed them twice. Don't really know what to do, haha. Do you know if there were any problems with the course?
Original post by MaritL

Hey that's great! I'm going into BA Acting
Reply 8
Original post by lillilon
Heya, congrats! How long did it take you to hear back after your first round self-tape? It's been three months now and I already emailed them twice. Don't really know what to do, haha. Do you know if there were any problems with the course?

That's so weird?! Last year when I first got accepted, it only took about a few weeks for me to makl them. Maybe try calling them?
Reply 9
Original post by macaroniballoni
Hey that's great! I'm going into BA Acting

Ahhh that's so exciting! Are you originally from London or...?
Hey everyone, I'm starting on the one year Diploma course (recently rebranded as a PG Diploma/ MA course) at DSL this September, which I'm super excited for! I'll be looking for accommodation in West London, naturally wanting to be as close to the school as possible, so Ealing would be ideal, but also having an eye on other nearby places. Is anyone else also looking for accommodation?
Reply 11
Yes! I am still looking for accomodation too :smile:
Cool! Do you want to connect over Facebook/ Instagram? Trying to get in touch with as many fellow students as possible, as looking to see who would be up for house sharing
Hi, I'm also starting DSL in Sept and looking for accommodation nearby. I've been told the facebook group 'Drama Studio London - Students' is where people are sorting out who to live with and where etc. However it's been a few days and no ones accepted me into the group. Is anyone already in it/knows who could let me in now the school is closed for summer??
Original post by lewllr77
Hi, I'm also starting DSL in Sept and looking for accommodation nearby. I've been told the facebook group 'Drama Studio London - Students' is where people are sorting out who to live with and where etc. However it's been a few days and no ones accepted me into the group. Is anyone already in it/knows who could let me in now the school is closed for summer??

Hey! Did you get accepted into the group in the end?
Original post by MaritL

Hi!

I'm going to be starting the BA Acting course at DSL in October and I'm wondering if you or anyone else has had any emails from them about the course(s) (e.g. timetables etc) or UWL about any freshers type stuff going on? I've had a lot of radio silence, unless I'm missing something...? Lol. Also, is anyone part of any group chats at all?

Sorry, lots of questions there ahaha.
Hi.
Did you ever get the timetable or info before you started?
I'm starting the BA this October, and wondered what to expect? X

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending