The Student Room Group

Where are19 year olds even meeting up?

Title says everything, I'm at a lost. I go to a uni in London (did not move out) but I don't have any actual friends there (only class friends if you get what I mean), and it seems that every bar and restaurant is catered towards adults age 22-5 and up.

I even tried that meetup app, and I'm still too young, looking at the age requirements for a lot of events.
In the UK at the age of 19 you are legally considered an adult.

What you make of that is up to you.

The only thing stopping you going to said bars and restaurants or events is yourself...
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
What uni do u go ??
Original post by KemyAndrews
Title says everything, I'm at a lost. I go to a uni in London (did not move out) but I don't have any actual friends there (only class friends if you get what I mean), and it seems that every bar and restaurant is catered towards adults age 22-5 and up.

I even tried that meetup app, and I'm still too young, looking at the age requirements for a lot of events.

@KemyAndrews

Have you tried joining any societies at your university?

Oluwatosin 3rd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 4
Original post by sammyboykk
What uni do u go ??

uwl, it's not the best with social life

Hi @KemyAndrews,

It is understandably very tough to make new friends.

As you are in London, there may be some Facebook groups you can join to find people with similar interests to you. For example, London walking group. Joining local groups might be helpful. As well as this, using the library facilities or sitting in cafes and striking up a conversation with someone in the line might also be another way to make friends. This one is a little more daunting so you may prefer to join societies instead.

Good luck!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
It's the UK, what bars and restaurants are 21+? I don't think I've seen an event be 21+ lol
Reply 7
Where abouts is your uni ???
Reply 8
Original post by sammyboykk
Where abouts is your uni ???

i already said what uni it is, scroll up
That’s rough a lot of people meet through halls and stuff if there are no societies that take your fancy you could start your own. I’ve herd it’s fairly easy and you only need 20 people to express an interest weather it’s a sport or maybe a commuting students group where you do stuff like going to the cinema or theme parks or whatever that also might be a good way to make friends.
Random events
Sports clubs
Societies & there social events
Bars
Work
Through mutual connections
It's actually the biggest game of hide and seek right now and you're losing. Better up your game OP.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling to meet others your age. I think that the best way to do this at uni is to attend societies and sports events that you're interested in to meet people with similar interests. My biggest tip is to have low expectations, just go for an evening out and don't expect to make new friends. Just try to be yourself and get to know people as much as you can. You'll never know who you'll meet!

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending