The Student Room Group

BTEC and Uni

The program i want to study at UCL doesnt accept mixed qualifications and im doing 2 A levels and 1 BTEC. The BTEC is literally a 2 year course and is literally equivalent to an A Level and I don’t know what I should do now.

Any tips??
Original post by Menaheel.x
The program i want to study at UCL doesnt accept mixed qualifications and im doing 2 A levels and 1 BTEC. The BTEC is literally a 2 year course and is literally equivalent to an A Level and I don’t know what I should do now.

Any tips??

Apply somewhere else. UCL is not the only university, and is almost certainly not the only university offering the course you want to study.

(And a tip for anyone else reading this thread: if you have you heart set on a particular degree or uni, check their entry requirements before deciding what A levels / BTECs to study.)
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Apply somewhere else. UCL is not the only university, and is almost certainly not the only university offering the course you want to study.

(And a tip for anyone else reading this thread: if you have you heart set on a particular degree or uni, check their entry requirements before deciding what A levels / BTECs to study.)

I’m p sure UCL is the only Uni that offers a course like information in society
I’m p sure UCL is the only Uni that offers a course like information in society

Where were you planning to apply with your other four UCAS choices - i.e. which other unis / courses?
Reply 4
Where were you planning to apply with your other four UCAS choices - i.e. which other unis / courses?

UAL, city uni London, UWL, goldsmiths
UAL, city uni London, UWL, goldsmiths

But not for "information in society", if that's only available at UCL. So for what course?

Would you be happy at each of these unis? Or will you forever regret not being able to apply to UCL?

Have you contacted UCL's admissions team to double check they won't accept your mix of qualifications? (Sometimes unis don't list each and every possible valid combination of entry requirements, simply because there are so many.)
Reply 6
But not for "information in society", if that's only available at UCL. So for what course?

Would you be happy at each of these unis? Or will you forever regret not being able to apply to UCL?

Have you contacted UCL's admissions team to double check they won't accept your mix of qualifications? (Sometimes unis don't list each and every possible valid combination of entry requirements, simply because there are so many.)

Yh I have submitted an enquiry at the UCL’s mixed qualifications enquiry page
Yh I have submitted an enquiry at the UCL’s mixed qualifications enquiry page

Good plan. I hope they have good news for you.
Reply 8
Good plan. I hope they have good news for you.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending