The Student Room Group

University of west London Nursing

Hi , I have got an offer from UWL for adult and mental health nursing (integrated masters ) . Can anyone who does this course will be able to let me know about the course , uni , and living expenses there . Thanks
Original post by Bluemuffins45
Hi , I have got an offer from UWL for adult and mental health nursing (integrated masters ) . Can anyone who does this course will be able to let me know about the course , uni , and living expenses there . Thanks

Heyyyy Same I got an offer at this university to but for Child Nursing. Which campus did you apply for?
Original post by Hxoxo786
Heyyyy Same I got an offer at this university to but for Child Nursing. Which campus did you apply for?

Reading
Reading

Same I’ve applied for the reading one to but I don’t know anyone who’s going there or doing the same course as me
Original post by Hxoxo786
Same I’ve applied for the reading one to but I don’t know anyone who’s going there or doing the same course as me

Hiya!!! I have been accepted for child nursing to start in September at the reading campus!!
Original post by MariaF1991
Hiya!!! I have been accepted for child nursing to start in September at the reading campus!!

Omg heyyyyy I’ve been accepted too to study child nursing at the reading campus maybe we might see each other on enrolment and induction day
Reply 6
Hi there, I have an interview Adult Nursing in a couple of weeks. Do you have any tips/advice?
urm how comes I have'nt receieved any updates yet from UWL I applied for child nursing too, I only got portal login details nothing else. Do I call them up or shall i give a few weeks ?
Reply 8

Hi, I've got an offer form UWL for a Nursing adult but I can't decide which uni to go.
I've got Middlesex, LSBU and East London
Original post by Abi04
urm how comes I have'nt receieved any updates yet from UWL I applied for child nursing too, I only got portal login details nothing else. Do I call them up or shall i give a few weeks ?

I’d give it a few weeks as child nursing is in high demand. If you meet the requirements they should send you an interview just keep an eye out on your emails. I applied in November and didn’t receive a interview till January.
I'm starting at the Brentford campus.

I'm studying dual registration adult and mental health nursing. I deferred my place twice, so I'm finally able to start this year.

Really excited to get started.
Ah fantastic!! Unfortunately the date for the applicant day I can't attend 😫. I'm nervous about starting though. Obvs based on the points I hope I get! Yeah we most definitely will. Happy to exchange numbers if wanted to chat and know someone beforehand xx
Hey, guys !

I am wondering if I should change my university choice. I would like to travel from home due to family circumstances. I want to do pre-reg master so applied for universities in london and have been accepted but I realise now that doing placements will be difficult for me. I checked the placement partners offered by london universities and noticed that I will be travelling over an hour just to get to them.
I found that UWL is offering PgDip for nursing in campus that is near my house so is perfect for me distance - wise and I will be able to drive to placements.
I am honestly confused now !
If I accept universities in london, I will finish with masters degree but it will be difficult for me when doing placements.
However, if I accept UWL then it will be easier for me to do placements but I will have to do 3 years instead as I will have to top up my PgDip by doing dissertation module.
Any advice ?
(edited 11 months ago)
- I decided upon doing PgDip Nursing for UWL instead of Masters because I do not have confidence on dissertation and would like to have some experience in nursing first.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending