The Student Room Group

Netflix defends A Christmas Prince tweet

Poll

Was Netflix's tweet creepy or entertaining?

Netflix has had to defend itself on Twitter after posting the Tweet "To the 53 people who've watched A Christmas Prince every day for the past 18 days: Who hurt you?".

Some people complained about invasion of privacy in regards to Netflix monitoring what was being watched and posting judgements about it, whilst others entertained by the post, and tweeted their support of it.

But over to you, was this an invasion of privacy? An inappropriate tweet? Or just an entertaining social media post on Netflix's part?

You can read the full story here.
+1 to thinking its a bit creepy.
Wow, who’d had a thought Netflix know what films/programs you watch? Shocking revelations. What next, Waitrose know what’s in my online shopping order?!
Original post by Underscore__
Wow, who’d had a thought Netflix know what films/programs you watch? Shocking revelations. What next, Waitrose know what’s in my online shopping order?!

I think the conflict was more due to them then sharing that information to make fun of people, rather than them just knowing what people watch :tongue:

I do agree though, it's not particularly surprising they know!
Original post by shadowdweller
I think the conflict was more due to them then sharing that information to make fun of people, rather than them just knowing what people watch :tongue:

I do agree though, it's not particularly surprising they know!

It’s a joke, they’re practically mocking themselves by asking who’s watching their terrible film so often. If they were giving out personal information like names and addresses I’d understand but this is a prime example of people just looking for something to complain about
Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
How is it breaching people's privacy? They've not named anyone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending