The Student Room Group

Do men in their 50s still get crushes on younger women?

....or by that age, have their hormones calmed down so that they don't notice/feel attracted to a woman in the same way that a guy in his 20s or 30s would?
Original post by Anonymous #1
....or by that age, have their hormones calmed down so that they don't notice/feel attracted to a woman in the same way that a guy in his 20s or 30s would?

I mean im 18 and my boyfriend is 50 sooo...
Original post by Anonymous #1

Depends...

If they're happily married with kids in their teens / 20's then maybe not (more-so if they've got daughters of that age). However, if they're single, then there's no reason why they wouldn't or shouldn't; and just because you're middle-aged, it doesn't mean you're mature (e.g. the so-called "Man-Child"). After all, an attractive person is an attractive person, regardless of their age... and attractive people (of either sex) are noticed by pretty much everyone.

Having said that, chances are the 40/50 somethings are probably going to be a lot more subtle than guys in their teens / 20's because:-

It's generally frowned upon for guys to lust after girls much younger than them, and they don't want to be seen as "Dirty Old Men".

Life experience has taught them that it's generally rude to leer, perve and gawp in the way young guys might do.

Still don't forget there are still several attractive women in their 40's /50's who can "Level Up" with many women 1/2 their age, if they wanted to (e.g. Hallie Berry, Naomi Campbell, Jenifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, Britney Spears etc. etc.).
Many perhaps most guys in their 50s love the thought of being with a young girl in her late teens, twenties, etc but most see it as unrealistic and possibly the girl after something other than them, money, etc.

Some may feel it awkward being around a girl with a very big age gap or wonder why she wants to be with him. However a lot of guys will love it and see it like Christmas come early, most guys of all ages love girls most when they are young in their late teens, etc. Some like Prince Andrew even younger lol.
Reply 4
How on earth would I know. I'm not 50, yet. Ask me again in 16 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending