The Student Room Group

University of Bristol vs University of Bath

i'm having a tough decision deciding between both universities.
Personally speaking, both universities are of the same ranking for the course of my choice.
But I am clueless as to whether Bristol or Bath would be better in terms of Accomodation, Student Life, Location etc etc.
Please give me some advice thanks!
Original post by Emsterdamz
Personally speaking, both universities are of the same ranking for the course of my choice.
But I am clueless as to whether Bristol or Bath would be better in terms of Accomodation, Student Life, Location etc etc.

Bristol 100%

Hey!

Back in the day, when I made my choice I thought it was the toughest decision of my life because I wasn't able to visit any of the universities I applied to. Basically, I made my choice based on google images and I got lucky. I think it depends a lot on what kind of personality you have and if you see yourself in a bigger or a smaller city. I knew that I wanted to be in a smaller city as I can't stand overcrowded places.

I might be biased when saying that you would definitely love Bath as the city and the uni offer you such a great sense of community. When I went to visit Bristol I realised what a major difference there is between these two cities, even though Bristol is like 15 minutes away on the train. As one of the largest cities in the UK, Bristol is way more crowded, noisier, not as clean and more expensive. Bath is small, but has numerous pubs and clubs and there is so much to do. Everything is compact and easy to reach. The campus is amazing as it's not a city campus so you really get to know everyone. Bath has been ranked numerous times as the safest city and the best city to live in the UK. The campus is also one of the safest as it provides security 24/7 and also, the library was the first library to be open 24/7 in the country. Even though nightlife might be better in Bristol, it's so easy to go there on a night out by bus or by train or even by uber. The uni always organises trips to Bristol with different societies and the ticket prices are cheap.

Accommodation is great at University of Bath, rooms are spacious and there is a wide variety to choose from as in catered or ensuite or shared rooms. If it is your first choice, you are guaranteed accommodation in the uni campus or in the city campus. The city is like 10 minutes away from uni, on the bus, and 30 mins away if you want to take a walk. Buses are 24/7.

As I said, it is a matter of preferences and only you can make the best choice for yourself! I would recommend you to visit both if you can and notice where you feel more at home! It's really important to find that place that offers you home vibes. Best of luck!

Elena
(edited 6 years ago)
Thank you so much for the inputs. But once I'm done with my Msc course, which University do you think has better reputation and job opportunities.

Bath. A much nicer city and a great uni. I really don't like Bristol as a place to live.
Original post by VaibhavGokhale
Thank you so much for the inputs. But once I'm done with my Msc course, which University do you think has better reputation and job opportunities.

I would really love a response to this. I will do cs.

CITY: BATH WINS, unbeatable beauty although if nightlife is what you are going for I think Bristol would be more vibrant. Bath is for reader types, charity and vintage shop goers, tea drinkers and Bristol is for more extroverted people
ACCOMODATION: Bath location of accommodation is good, on campus, but some of the buildings are downright horrendous! Bristol has good accommodation but I believe they come with a bit of a reputation...and are off campus I believe
LOCATION: I Think Bath is better located in terms of natural beauty, however it is a bus journey from the city up a hill, and often the wait times for the buses gets super long. Bristol is better located close to the city
THE CAMPUS: Bristol campus is lovely and very close to town centre. Bath campus and I am just being honest here, was the ugliest I have ever visited. It was brutalist nightmare giving 60s Soviet Union vibes. Completely dismal and I was taken aback considering the beauty of the city in relation to the campus.

hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending