The Student Room Group

Bath university or London metropolitan or Loughborough university

I am an international student who is quite lost choosing the same masters degree from these universities? Can anyone help with this?
MSc. In The school of management
I have never been to the UK before and that's the problem I can't tell which is better
Original post by Dalia carm15
I am an international student who is quite lost choosing the same masters degree from these universities? Can anyone help with this?
MSc. In The school of management
I have never been to the UK before and that's the problem I can't tell which is better
Hi,

Thank you for your question! All are great Universities! Whilst I cannot comment on specifics for the Msc management course, these are a few things that you might want to consider:

The city: How big is the city? Is transport good around the university? What is the nightlife/ student life like? Do I see myself living here for the next few years? What is the safety like? Bath is not only one of the safest student cities in the UK but is also a great size! Its big enough that theres lots to do and explore, but small enough that you can get to know it well. The nightlife is quieter than other cities, however Bristol is only a 12-minute train ride away with buses running all night back to Bath. Theres also two Universities here, so theres lots to do in terms of student life.

City vs campus: One big difference is that Bath is a “campus” university which means that all our departments and facilities are in one location. There are also options to live in the city centre with regular buses up to campus. Bath has also recently built new facilities for the school of management (which I have to say are very nice!) and you can find out more here: The School of Management's new home (bath.ac.uk). Loughborough is also a campus university but much bigger than Bath whereas London Met has a couple campuses. You might also want to think about cost of living in each of these places. You can look at Bath's virtual campus tour here: University of Bath (massinteract.com). A virtual open day from each of these Unis might also help your decision.

The course: What are the course rankings? What are the entry requirements? What is student satisfaction like? Does the course structure align with my interests? What are graduate prospects like? These are all questions you could also consider. You can find out specifics about the course at Bath here: MSc courses in the School of Management (bath.ac.uk). If you would like to talk to a current students about the course specifically and their experience then use the UniBuddy platform which can be found here: Chat with our students (bath.ac.uk).

There is also lots of support for International students here at Bath which you can find out more about here: Studying at Bath as an international student.

I hope this has helped and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Sharon (3rd year student)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending