The Student Room Group

too many choices now i have a dilemma

i have been offered 4/5 of my uni choices but now i have to figure out which i.t 'path' i want to take. im leaning towards network security ba(hons) at middlesex but im also interested in software engineering ba(hons) at westmintser.:s-smilie:

both have a work placement year to make it a 4year course but im still confused as to which might have a better future in the jobs market. whats your opinion? and are there others who have already picked similar courses?
Reply 1
no one?
Reply 2
look around the unis! nobody can tell you where to go, its your choice...
Reply 3
I'm not familiar with the course structure in either, but I'd advise going for the more broad-based course for better job opportunities in the future.
Reply 4
Well if you are really bent on this course, imo it is better to go for the network security one than software engineering. Surely there is more supply in the market of software engineers as compared to network security ones.
yeah, network security qualified people are in demand.. just google around for some of the salaries! Most START at 45-50 grand!
Reply 6
I think Network Security, in my course we do more in Networking than our other modules and its a pretty good one to have imo. I think theres quite a demand for suitablly qualified people with that kind of degree.
(im doing straightforward Computing with a media emphasis) So ive done networking modules, yet ive done programming etc too.

Latest

Trending

Trending