The Student Room Group

important question !!!

i received an offerthrough clearing today as i was rejected from both my firm and insurance. however i got an email from my firm which said i could appeal my awarded grades and if i met their requirements then i would be accepted. i was feeling a bit hopeful about appealing as i was three marks away from the grade i needed but obviously there is no guarantee of this. at the same time i needed to add my clearing choice onto ucas by midnight and i didn't want to risk not having a uni place at all. is there any point in appealing anymore since im doing clearing?? i know the obvious answer may be yes but i really wanted to go to my firm and i just missed the offer so im feeling quite sad and im worried a bit about the clearing uni since it's not as good as my firm for the course im doing :frown: can anyone help with this dilemma or been in a similar situation? also i guess i've just been nervous about clearing in general too so im very stressed right now
Original post by astrostial
i received an offerthrough clearing today as i was rejected from both my firm and insurance. however i got an email from my firm which said i could appeal my awarded grades and if i met their requirements then i would be accepted. i was feeling a bit hopeful about appealing as i was three marks away from the grade i needed but obviously there is no guarantee of this. at the same time i needed to add my clearing choice onto ucas by midnight and i didn't want to risk not having a uni place at all. is there any point in appealing anymore since im doing clearing?? i know the obvious answer may be yes but i really wanted to go to my firm and i just missed the offer so im feeling quite sad and im worried a bit about the clearing uni since it's not as good as my firm for the course im doing :frown: can anyone help with this dilemma or been in a similar situation? also i guess i've just been nervous about clearing in general too so im very stressed right now

As you've said, the review of marking would be a risk and there's a possibility that your mark would not change at all or that it could even go down. If you are happy with your clearing choice then you may decide you'd rather take having a definite uni place.
Reply 2
Original post by CatusStarbright
As you've said, the review of marking would be a risk and there's a possibility that your mark would not change at all or that it could even go down. If you are happy with your clearing choice then you may decide you'd rather take having a definite uni place.

that's true, thank you for the reply
Reply 3
You can decline the Clearing place later if the remark is good enough to get you into your Firm.
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
You can decline the Clearing place later if the remark is good enough to get you into your Firm.

do you know this for certain, i feel like i read on another post something along the lines saying you can't reject a clearing place after you're in or that the firm won't consider you if you already have a place ?? i just want to be sure
Reply 5
do you know this for certain, i feel like i read on another post something along the lines saying you can't reject a clearing place after you're in or that the firm won't consider you if you already have a place ?? i just want to be sure

Check for certain by phoning UCAS tomorrow.
Reply 6
Original post by McGinger
Check for certain by phoning UCAS tomorrow.

okay i will do then thank you
Reply 7

Talk to your school about the possibility of getting a priority remark and whether they would advise it.

Your Firm has said they will accept you if your grade goes up so they are obliged to do so. Your Clearing place would allow it, if your grade went up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending