Scroll to see replies

Original post by bethany1111
I think they are at university park. I am doing environmental science

BGP is closest to University Park Campus. :]
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
I'm still deciding between nott and bath. but i know the accomoodation applications start on 1st March.
Do i still have a place on Cripps hall if i apply in mid March ( like 12th March)?

i've been holding offers so would like to decide when results release on 11th march.
Reply 782
Hey, I'm still deciding between en-suite, shared en-suite, and private shared bathroom.

Could someone tell me which to go for? Is it worth saving the £673 a year for having to share the bathroom with a person that might be just too awkward to live with?

Opinions please! Thanks.
Original post by bb_cindy_tong
I'm still deciding between nott and bath. but i know the accomoodation applications start on 1st March.
Do i still have a place on Cripps hall if i apply in mid March ( like 12th March)?

i've been holding offers so would like to decide when results release on 11th march.

You can only apply to study in Cripps Hall specifically if you are related to someone who has lived there previously and has graduated from the uni. You can apply to catered halls on campus - in my experience, for my first year I applied for accomodation in the middle/late May and I was given a room in cripps.
Reply 784
Original post by bb_cindy_tong

This year there is no choice of hall. You can only choose your campus (e.g. UP or SB or Jubilee) and the type of accommodation you'd like (e.g. single study, en-suite,...)
Original post by daryan
Hey, I'm still deciding between en-suite, shared en-suite, and private shared bathroom.

Could someone tell me which to go for? Is it worth saving the £673 a year for having to share the bathroom with a person that might be just too awkward to live with?

Opinions please! Thanks.

I think your question was answered very fully when you asked it in a previous thread, what more do you want to know?
Reply 786
Original post by COSMICDOLPHIN
You can only apply to study in Cripps Hall specifically if you are related to someone who has lived there previously and has graduated from the uni. You can apply to catered halls on campus - in my experience, for my first year I applied for accomodation in the middle/late May and I was given a room in cripps.

Hey,

I understand that you applied for catered accomodation in your first year, but would you happen to know when the self-catered accomodation (in particular, BGP) start to get filled up?

I'm still waiting on one more Uni before I can make my decision and Notts accomodation opens tomorrow :/

Also, regarding not being able to choose where you stay (just the type of accomodation), is this the same for self-catered? Or can you pick between Albion and BGP for example?

Thanks (:
Original post by TheHoly1
Hey,

I understand that you applied for catered accomodation in your first year, but would you happen to know when the self-catered accomodation (in particular, BGP) start to get filled up?

I'm still waiting on one more Uni before I can make my decision and Notts accomodation opens tomorrow :/

Also, regarding not being able to choose where you stay (just the type of accomodation), is this the same for self-catered? Or can you pick between Albion and BGP for example?

Thanks (:

Sorry, I don't know if you can choose between Albion and BGP - but you can choose BGP. Why would you want to choose between those two, out of interest? Albion is owned by UPP Broadgate Park and managed by them. You are probably best off emailing [email protected] and [email protected]. I know you can choose between the other self-catered residences, just not those two. Self-catered tend to fill up later than catered. Don't worry, all the rooms wont go in the first day or week! It also depends on the type of room, for example ensuites get filled up the quickest, because there are less of them.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 788
Sorry, I don't know if you can choose between Albion and BGP - but you can choose BGP. Why would you want to choose between those two, out of interest? Albion is owned by UPP Broadgate Park and managed by them. You are probably best off emailing [email protected] and [email protected]. I know you can choose between the other self-catered residences, just not those two. Self-catered tend to fill up later than catered. Don't worry, all the rooms wont go in the first day or week! It also depends on the type of room, for example ensuites get filled up the quickest, because there are less of them.

Thanks a lot for your help (:

I haven't visited either Albion or BGP so I can't comment on which one I prefer, but I would like to have an en-suite if possible, which is why I was looking into BGP more, although getting a single study room at Albion would be fine aswell. Its good to hear that they fill up later, Warwick are known to take quite long with their application process, which could last till April which is why I am getting a bit worried about the self-catered places being filled up before I get a final decision.

I was thinking of emailing the accomodation, but i'm guessing they will be busy so I dont know when they'll reply, but I might aswell email to ask a few questions.

Thanks again
Reply 789
Does anyone know come tomorrow (!st March) where we will have to log on? From what I can see notts have not posted a link on their website yet?
Original post by Thirst
Does anyone know come tomorrow (!st March) where we will have to log on? From what I can see notts have not posted a link on their website yet?

Portal --> Tab at the top: Next Steps
Reply 792
Original post by CommonPeople
Just wondering, but on the accomodation map it shows different rooms to the ones on the website, like "Discounted Single Study" or "Private Shower". If you can't apply for these, how do they get allocated?

If you desperately want on of these room types follow these instructions.

complete page 1 and 2 as if those options didn't exist

on page three, open the personal requirements box and list your preferences again inserting the private shower or discounted single.

Reply 793
Sorry, I don't know if you can choose between Albion and BGP.

You can chose between Albion and Broadgate as they are both individual sites.
How do you do that Bren Lee?
Reply 795
Original post by Thirst

Ignore any other link as they are likely to only confuse you. The below one will definitely work.

https://accommodation.nottingham.ac.uk/
Reply 796
How do you do that Bren Lee?

They will both have an individual listing on our application form (online or hardcopy).

It should be fairly straight forward but we're here to help if you get stuck.
Reply 797
Original post by BrenLee
Ignore any other link as they are likely to only confuse you. The below one will definitely work.

https://accommodation.nottingham.ac.uk/

Hmm...

I have a firm Unconditional yet am getting "You are not permitted to login because: Our records indicate we are not your FIRM choice from UCAS."

I onle accepted yesterday, does it take a few days to be checked by a human so to speak?
Reply 798
I was emailed back about deposits. If you apply through the university then you'll get your offer about a month after your application and will be asked to pay £250 then :smile:
Reply 799
Just changed to

You are not permitted to login because:

We are not currently accepting applications.

All good. I have been told that booking opens at 10am tomorrow morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending