The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

A guide to Clearing

Hey there!

So, imagine you've got your heart set on a particular course at a university, but unfortunately, things didn't go as planned, or you have changed your mind about your course or where you want to study. That's where clearing comes in!

Clearing is an opportunity for you to find available places on courses at universities after the UCAS deadline has passed. To apply for clearing courses here at Sheffield Hallam, here's what you need to do.

Find a course in clearing

Firstly, head over to our website and check out the courses that are in clearing. We have a list of courses that still have spaces. Take your time to go through them and see if anything catches your eye.

Call us or apply online

Once you've found a course that interests you, give us a call on 0330 0024 6390 or apply using our online form.

Make sure you are prepared

Yep, it's as simple as that! You'll speak with our friendly team on the clearing hotline. They will guide you through the process and answer any questions you have. Make sure to have your exam results to hand, including your GCSE’s results as we might ask for those, and have your personal statement close by too.

What happens on the call

During the call, we'll have a chat about your qualifications and why you're passionate about the course. Sometimes, depending on the course and other factors, we might request additional documents or even invite you for an interview.

SHU Progress Scheme

SHU Progress provides support for applicants whose personal circumstances might mean there are barriers to going to university.

There’s still time to join this scheme if you’re applying through clearing. The SHU Progress team can support with navigating the clearing process, helping you make the right decision for you, and getting everything in place for starting university.

Additional information

For more detailed information about clearing at Sheffield Hallam University, head over to our website. You'll find specific instructions, important details, and any updates we have for you.

Good luck on your clearing journey! We hope you find the perfect course for you. Feel free to reach out if you need any further help or have more questions. We're here to support you!
(edited 8 months ago)
Do you have accommodation guaranteed for clearing applicants?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by PQ
Do you have accommodation guaranteed for clearing applicants?

Hi!

Thank you for reaching out to us. Yes, we do guarantee accommodation for all first year students. You can find more information about accommodation on our website. I hope this help, if you have any further questions let us know :smile:

Thanks,
Hina
Reply 3
Hi,
I went through clearing last week, had an interview and got offered a place. The offer is showing as confirmed on my Ucas page and I got an email from you saying the same thing. Do I need to do anything else to accept my place?
Also, I applied to student finance last week - current processing times are showing as 6-8 weeks - what happens if it’s still not processed when I start with you on the 18th Sept?
Thanks in advance
Original post by Ruby.78
Hi,
I went through clearing last week, had an interview and got offered a place. The offer is showing as confirmed on my Ucas page and I got an email from you saying the same thing. Do I need to do anything else to accept my place?
Also, I applied to student finance last week - current processing times are showing as 6-8 weeks - what happens if it’s still not processed when I start with you on the 18th Sept?
Thanks in advance

Hi @Ruby.78

Thank you for reaching out to us. If you have received an offer from us, we will email you to tell you what to do next. Check your inbox regularly (including your junk folder) as this email includes important information. Please do not forget to apply for accommodation if you have not done so already and are interested in the opportunity.

In response to your second question, this may just mean that your payment is delayed by a few weeks. If you have been sent an invoice, my advice will be to contact the finance team to explain your situation if you're concerned. You can find important information regarding student finance application on our Undergraduate student loans page.

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes,
Yemi.
Official Rep for Sheffield Hallam University
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending