The Student Room Group

Work Experience for medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ekpenyongnsa
Hey

How did you get to do work exp. at Barts esp. the cardiac... thats exactly where i want to do mine. Isnt there was an age limit for that particular sector. And finally do they pay for your transport fare. I know a tew that offer to pay for it.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

My cardiac anaesthetist work placement is at Brighton and Sussex hospital not at Barts.
Hi, I am also interested in going into medicine and am keen to do work experience. However, I am really unsure on how you actually get involved with work experience and was wondering if someone could please give me some advice?
Original post by XXSimranXX
Hi, I am also interested in going into medicine and am keen to do work experience. However, I am really unsure on how you actually get involved with work experience and was wondering if someone could please give me some advice?

Just apply to local hospitals, clinics by sending them an email. A few of them hav special forms online to fill.NOTE: apply to as much as you can becuz some of them hardly even give feedbacks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, Im going to try this but I just feel like its not going to work for some reason. I have heard that its best to do it through your school but my school told me to wait until everyones doing work experience, and I just wanted to get ahead a bit so I can have more experience and show how comitted I am.
Thanks, Im going to try this but I just feel like its not going to work for some reason. I have heard that its best to do it through your school but my school told me to wait until everyones doing work experience, and I just wanted to get ahead a bit so I can have more experience and show how comitted I am.

Yh its best to apply early cuz if u hopefully get one you wil hav a longer work experince record which will be good for you cv

are you in year 11?
yhh i have just finished yr11 why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Metal_Gear
You have plenty of experience, I think some people apply to medicine with less (I did :p:!). More can't hurt though, and remember that volunteer work is a good thing to do as well, it's pretty much the definitive positive thing you can list when it comes to UCAS etc.

Hello,
I would appreciate if someone will let me know everything related to the work experience for medicine and dentistry.
I will be starting my work experience on Monday in a dental Sugery.
I don't know if it will be fine for medicine or not.
Another thing that I want to ask is about how many hours will be required? Because they asked me to choose between a full-time and part-time.
Looking forward to your reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending