Reading
Visit website
how comes?is everyone horrible?
how long have you guys bin living in?or living at home? :redface:
which uni?
which course?
Reply 3
how comes?is everyone horrible?

Nah everyone is fine :smile: for me its just a difference of personality. I have always been a very quiet person I guess :redface: . My Ideal night would just be watching a few films playing a few games going for a walk etc.. Where as most of the others like to go out to nightclubs etc etc.
Reply 4
I wouldnt worry too much the people you meet in the first week are most likely not gonna be your friends when you leave uni.

Although i would recommend just walking around the hall and stuff.

Im a 4th year in St Georges (the hall next door to whitenights), i been put in rowanhurst block which is for all us 'oldies'. ATM its pretty quite and all the doors have locks on them so i cant go wander and make friends etc. Sucks.

Only building which is open is the freshers building and id feel weird going making friends with freshers etc.
Reply 5
Yeah I have joined a society at the RUSU and I have yet to meet the people on the course so all of thats yet to come :smile: . With the people in the halls I have met so far its hard to connect with them (For the want of a better word) whilst talking to them. Have nothing against them they are nice enough people :smile:
Metoo
Yeah I have joined a society at the RUSU and I have yet to meet the people on the course so all of thats yet to come :smile: . With the people in the halls I have met so far its hard to connect with them (For the want of a better word) whilst talking to them. Have nothing against them they are nice enough people :smile:

What block r u in and what hall?
Reply 7
Im in rowanhurst in St georges block A floor 2.

Problem with rowanhurst/limehurst in st georges is everything is 'locked down' i.e i can only get to my flat and hence contact (without aid of mobile phone etc... i.e knocking on the door of a friend) the 7 others who share my flat. So it kinda eliminates the halls avenue for friends :frown:.
If you like playing computer games..

www.readinglan.com :smile:

We made a gaming soc a few months ago, and it kicks ass. Our next LAN is in two weeks time if anyone wants to pop along :biggrin:
Reply 9
Ya i been there a few times... im lazy and have no car/shuttle machine.

So i cant exactly bring my machine over to it. (which is what im assuming people do). Otherwise id come... also you hold it on a saturday which for most students is part time work day.
Reply 10
there is life in this forum!!

moves cobwebs...
Reply 11
hi everyone! just wondering if anyone's been to mango's?? i'm thinking about going on thurs., so wanted to know what it's like. cheers!

Latest

Trending

Trending