The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I use my epilator everywhere, including doing bikini area and i think it's great. like the others have said,take some painkillers before hand and try to do it on the lowest settings a little patch at a time. when you first use it, it'll sting or ''hurt'' but it if you take it slow and easy, you'll get used to the tingling.if you want, you could get some arnica cream/gel and rub into the area a few hours before you're due to epilate,it'll help numb the area a bit. I don't know what brand you've got, but I use the braun silk x'elle epilator,it comes with a starter (beginner's head),trimmer,advanced head and an ice pack,and i have to say,compared to an epilator i got for my bf, it ''hurts'' far less. (i don't think it hurts, just stings a bit/uncomfortable)
Reply 41
Why is everyone talking about eyebrows? Do you epilate eyebrows??

I pluck mine, but i don't think i do it right. They still look silly. hmm.
Reply 42
i pluck my eyebros!!
Do u use epilators on face??? i have never used them! IMAO
Reply 43
I think people are talking about eyebrows because plucking, waxing and epilating involve pulling hairs out at the root.
do you know how much pain you'd be in if you considered epilating your face?!
Celifein
I think people are talking about eyebrows because plucking, waxing and epilating involve pulling hairs out at the root.

Yeah that's what i was linking too, and some have mentioned that if can handle plucking your eyebrows then you might be able to handle epliating that bit better

-x-
Reply 46
ergh..I can only imagine :/

I know epilating is the most painful way of removing hair! I've got a phillips ice one. If you don't have an ice pack. Just put your skin in cold water before you epilate. It does help and eases the sores/redness..

Latest