The Student Room Group

Is psychology, biology and health and social care a good combination?

I am thinking of changing my chosen business a level to health and social care btec as I’ve done it in gcse and quite liked it although there is a lot of coursework. However I think those three is a better combination. Should I change it? And is health and social care btec accepted by universities? I will check but just wanted to know if is generally accepted. I was thinking of either studying psychology or medicine at university so please let me know if they are a good combination for that.
Original post by Allybear_
I am thinking of changing my chosen business a level to health and social care btec as I’ve done it in gcse and quite liked it although there is a lot of coursework. However I think those three is a better combination. Should I change it? And is health and social care btec accepted by universities? I will check but just wanted to know if is generally accepted. I was thinking of either studying psychology or medicine at university so please let me know if they are a good combination for that.

For medicine you have to study biology and chemistry a levels, other healthcare professions can accept the btec and there will be psychology universities that would accept the btec but not all of them.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
For medicine you have to study biology and chemistry a levels, other healthcare professions can accept the btec and there will be psychology universities that would accept the btec but not all of them.

Ok Thankyou and do you think the health and social care btec would be better than the business a level?
Original post by Allybear_
Ok Thankyou and do you think the health and social care btec would be better than the business a level?

It's about what fits you best really but if you prefer coursework it could be a good option to go for.
Reply 4
Hi, I know this is from 3 years ago, but I wanted to see if you would reply and what you are up to now. Psychology, biology and health and social care are exactly what I want to do for a levels, but I am not sure if I should do chemistry instead of health and social care because it might get me further in life. In the future I want to do something in the health care industry but I am not to sure yet, maybe nursing, psychology or medicine
Original post by Milly14
Hi, I know this is from 3 years ago, but I wanted to see if you would reply and what you are up to now. Psychology, biology and health and social care are exactly what I want to do for a levels, but I am not sure if I should do chemistry instead of health and social care because it might get me further in life. In the future I want to do something in the health care industry but I am not to sure yet, maybe nursing, psychology or medicine
sameee and ik that this is also from 2 yrs ago but how did that work out? did you end up going for chem instead of health and social care or? if so, how did college applications go if you've got that far idk lol. Ty!

Quick Reply

Latest