The Student Room Group

alevel help

If i wanted to be a child pyschologist, do you think i could get into good universities with these alevel options- biology,pyschology and health and social care(btech)
Original post by kTy27
If i wanted to be a child pyschologist, do you think i could get into good universities with these alevel options- biology,pyschology and health and social care(btech)

Hi @kTy27

Your A Level choices sound like good options to guide you towards a career like child psychology to me.

If you’re looking at universities to move onto to study this subject, I’d suggest checking the entry requirements for the universities you’re interested in. Most universities specify grades or UCAS points and not the subjects themselves, but some may differ, so look at what you may need.

But your subjects look like a good choice, and good luck with your exams!

Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @kTy27

Your A Level choices sound like good options to guide you towards a career like child psychology to me.

If you’re looking at universities to move onto to study this subject, I’d suggest checking the entry requirements for the universities you’re interested in. Most universities specify grades or UCAS points and not the subjects themselves, but some may differ, so look at what you may need.

But your subjects look like a good choice, and good luck with your exams!

Hope this helps,
Emily
Student Ambassador at BCU

hey Emily, thank you so much for letting me know, thats a great relief, do you think taking a btech for health and social care would still be good for universities or should i look into a level sociology?
Original post by kTy27
hey Emily, thank you so much for letting me know, thats a great relief, do you think taking a btech for health and social care would still be good for universities or should i look into a level sociology?

Hi @kTy27

I think Health and Social Care would still be a good choice, especially if you know you'll enjoy it. I'd always recommend choosing subjects you enjoy because this helps to keep you interested and motivated especially during exam season.
Maybe you could compare Health and Social Care and Sociology, and the content you'll study at A Level to see which interests you the most if you're still unsure.

But I'm sure whatever you choose will work out well and be the right fit for you.

Emily
Reply 4
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @kTy27

I think Health and Social Care would still be a good choice, especially if you know you'll enjoy it. I'd always recommend choosing subjects you enjoy because this helps to keep you interested and motivated especially during exam season.
Maybe you could compare Health and Social Care and Sociology, and the content you'll study at A Level to see which interests you the most if you're still unsure.

But I'm sure whatever you choose will work out well and be the right fit for you.

Emily

Yes that does make sense actually, I also did it at gcses so that prepared me well. Thank you so much, i will take that then
Reply 5
Original post by kTy27

Heya!
I would recommend using uniguide and prospects to look up what is required for a career as a child psychologist :h: Then look up entry requirements for courses and see what they need!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 6
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
I would recommend using uniguide and prospects to look up what is required for a career as a child psychologist :h: Then look up entry requirements for courses and see what they need!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Ok ill try that, thank you so much

Quick Reply

Latest