The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

what does manchester mean by Your qualifications/predicted grades do not meet our aca

i applied for the law(llb) course but got rejected with this statement 'Your qualifications/predicted grades do not meet our academic requirements' from university of manchester
(edited 6 months ago)
Original post by sia16arora
i applied for the law(llb) course but got rejected with this statement 'Your qualifications/predicted grades do not meet our academic requirements' from university of manchester

The statement seems fairly clear to me. Have you carefully read their entry requirements?

"A-level
A*AA
We do not accept two A/S Levels grades in place of one A Level.
Applicants must be studying at least one of the following A Level subjects: Law; Accounting; Economics; Finance; Business Studies; Development Studies; Government and Politics; Economic and Social History; Mathematics; Anthropology; Sociology; Philosophy; Religious Studies; English Language; English Literature; Geography; Psychology; Classical Civilisation; History; Archaeology; Communication Studies; Environmental Studies; World Development; Biology; Chemistry; Physics; Modern Languages.
We accept native language A Levels providing they are taken in the same sitting as your other subjects. We will not accept the combination of Mathematics, Further Mathematics and a native language.
We accept the WJEC Level 3 Applied Diploma in Criminology as equivalent to an A-level if taken alongside two full A-levels from the list of acceptable subjects above"

and

"GCSE
Applicants must demonstrate a broad general education including acceptable levels of Literacy and Numeracy, equivalent to at least Grade C or 4 in GCSE/iGCSE English Language and Mathematics. GCSE/iGCSE English Literature will not be accepted in lieu of GCSE/iGCSE English Language."

(Obviously different section will apply if you're taking other qualifications.)

If you're sure you meet all of these requirements, than contact the admissions team and ask for clarification.

If you're not sure, feel free to list your qualifications / subjects / grades / predicted grades here.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by DataVenia
The statement seems fairly clear to me. Have you carefully read their entry requirements?

"A-level
A*AA
We do not accept two A/S Levels grades in place of one A Level.
Applicants must be studying at least one of the following A Level subjects: Law; Accounting; Economics; Finance; Business Studies; Development Studies; Government and Politics; Economic and Social History; Mathematics; Anthropology; Sociology; Philosophy; Religious Studies; English Language; English Literature; Geography; Psychology; Classical Civilisation; History; Archaeology; Communication Studies; Environmental Studies; World Development; Biology; Chemistry; Physics; Modern Languages.
We accept native language A Levels providing they are taken in the same sitting as your other subjects. We will not accept the combination of Mathematics, Further Mathematics and a native language.
We accept the WJEC Level 3 Applied Diploma in Criminology as equivalent to an A-level if taken alongside two full A-levels from the list of acceptable subjects above"

and

"GCSE
Applicants must demonstrate a broad general education including acceptable levels of Literacy and Numeracy, equivalent to at least Grade C or 4 in GCSE/iGCSE English Language and Mathematics. GCSE/iGCSE English Literature will not be accepted in lieu of GCSE/iGCSE English Language."

(Obviously different section will apply if you're taking other qualifications.)

If you're sure you meet all of these requirements, than contact the admissions team and ask for clarification.

If you're not sure, feel free to list your qualifications / subjects / grades / predicted grades here.

no i mean i think i reached the predictives
Original post by Anonymous
no i mean i think i reached the predictives

You think you do, or you're sure you do?

If you're sure, contact the university and point out their error, politely. If you not sure, post your qualifications / subjects / grades / predicted grades here and we can help confirm your view (or correct it).

I assume, by the way, you've read Manchester's general entry requirements (which apply regardless of the course), here. They also have specific pages on GCSEs and A levels generally. (These cover things like the requirement to pass the practical endorsement for science A levels, the treatment of Applied Maths, the impact of resits, etc.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending