The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

med school aston

I'm kinda low on hope atm. Looking through the forums and seeing amazing grades and ukcat scores that people have and are applying to aston.

My results were :
Spanish - A*
RS - A*
Biology- A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
Maths - A
French - B
History - B
English lang - B
English lit - B
Health and social care - Distinction

Mainly self study during yr 11. Mocks were C grade and below and I turned it around. They were amazing for me at the time, especially at the school I was in. I moved to a grammar school after that.

UKCAT - average 610 band 2
I retook year 12.
I got an A in AS chemistry

I think my gcses, retaking year 12 and ukcat are pulling me back. I just don't think I'll get into med school. I do have the academic ability, but I only really started hardworking in year 11. Before this I just accepted the fact that I'm not going to do well.

I have applied to aston, but realistically what are my chances of getting in? Do they rank gcses and ukcat?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
bump
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by ahussainxo
I'm kinda low on hope atm. Looking through the forums and seeing amazing grades and ukcat scores that people have and are applying to aston.

My results were :
Spanish - A*
RS - A*
Biology- A
Chemistry - A
Physics - A
Maths - A
French - B
History - B
English lang - B
English lit - B
Health and social care - Distinction

Mainly self study during yr 11. Mocks were C grade and below and I turned it around. They were amazing for me at the time, especially at the school I was in. I moved to a grammar school after that.

UKCAT - average 610 band 2
I retook year 12.
I got an A in AS chemistry

I think my gcses, retaking year 12 and ukcat are pulling me back. I just don't think I'll get into med school. I do have the academic ability, but I only really started hardworking in year 11. Before this I just accepted the fact that I'm not going to do well.

I have applied to aston, but realistically what are my chances of getting in? Do they rank gcses and ukcat?

Aston is really new in the med school game so it is hard to tell. I went to a UCAS fair a while back and they told my friend (who had very similar stats to u) that they are more 'lenient' with their requirements as such. Also, keep in mind it's unknown who will apply to Aston so be optimisitc!! xxx
Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest