The Student Room Group

2024 Entry for Ucat

Is it normal to get a score in your ucat that is much higher than what you achieve in Medify mock exams?
Yes u can get it especially if u do a lot of revision beforehand. Good luck for ur UCaT
Reply 2
Hi, I just feel very lost and would appreciate any advice. 🙂
I'm a y13 student wishing to apply to medicine and I just need some suggestions for where to apply giving my UCAT score.
My stats:
9999998876 (7 in art and 6 in geography)
*got 5 at English Language first time as the exam was 2 days after the loss of my grandpa, with a resit I managed to bring it up to an 8*
A*AA predicted, will try to bring the A in chemistry to an A*
UCAT 2500 B1 ☹️, tbh I feel destroyed, never ever got that score in my practice and I was averaging 2900
WP/contextual

I was thinking about Keele, Sunderland, Cardiff, Leicester, Aston.
Thx for the help
Reply 3
Original post by Mell111
Hi, I just feel very lost and would appreciate any advice. 🙂
I'm a y13 student wishing to apply to medicine and I just need some suggestions for where to apply giving my UCAT score.
My stats:
9999998876 (7 in art and 6 in geography)
*got 5 at English Language first time as the exam was 2 days after the loss of my grandpa, with a resit I managed to bring it up to an 8*
A*AA predicted, will try to bring the A in chemistry to an A*
UCAT 2500 B1 ☹️, tbh I feel destroyed, never ever got that score in my practice and I was averaging 2900
WP/contextual

I was thinking about Keele, Sunderland, Cardiff, Leicester, Aston.
Thx for the help

You need to find out whether Lincoln and Nottingham would accept your ExCircs and hence your GCSE resit (there is often a specific form to complete for them to decide this).
Look at HYMS (depends a bit where your UCAT falls on the deciles), Birmingham (you would need A LOT of contetual points), Aston, KMMS, Keele, Sunderland.
If contextual there, then Edinburgh will guarantee you an interview and you need to carefully check all med school's WP policies to see if you qualify and how that affects your scoring.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending