3) Maths 7
4) Biology 9
5) Chemistry 9
6) Business 8
7) R.S. 8
8) Physics 7
9) French 9
10) History 6

They do look good, but my 7s in my core subjects are probably letting me down, I want to get into UoB medical school and I saw that you probably do need to get all 8s in core subjects

The thing is I don’t want to do medicine in a bad university e.g. Aston

Unis grade both maths and English/ sciences and then 2 other subjects as well

Thanks
Original post by Liam9123
Hi I got following gcse grades,

1) English language 7
2) English Literature 7
3) Maths 7
4) Biology 9
5) Chemistry 9
6) Business 8
7) R.S. 8
8) Physics 7
9) French 9
10) History 6

They do look good, but my 7s in my core subjects are probably letting me down, I want to get into UoB medical school and I saw that you probably do need to get all 8s in core subjects

The thing is I don’t want to do medicine in a bad university e.g. Aston

Unis grade both maths and English/ sciences and then 2 other subjects as well

Thanks

Hi, those grades look really great, I can see how much effort you've put into achieving those grades!
Why don't you consider other medical schools/ universities, that you feel would be good for you, also maybe have a look at universities medicine departments, because for some unis their medicine courses are really good.
Don't lose hope, meeting entry requirements is only one part of the application process, things like personal statement and how you present yourself matter too, so keep going and I'm sure you'll get into your choice of uni.
:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Hi, those grades look really great, I can see how much effort you've put into achieving those grades!
Why don't you consider other medical schools/ universities, that you feel would be good for you, also maybe have a look at universities medicine departments, because for some unis their medicine courses are really good.
Don't lose hope, meeting entry requirements is only one part of the application process, things like personal statement and how you present yourself matter too, so keep going and I'm sure you'll get into your choice of uni.
:smile:

I’ll defo look in to it, thank you so much for the confidence!!!
Your a levels grades will be more important, but GCSE grades do matter for medicine. I would still go for it, but just make sure predicted grades, ps, and scores on BMAT AND UCAT are as strong as possible. Do you not want to do med at a ‘bad’ uni because of its ranking, or because you feel like the course will not be as good as one from say imperial or cambridge? Because if it’s the latter, then it doesn’t matter which uni you get your degree from, as medical school is hard to get into in general, and all courses have been designed and approved to set you up for the field, so there aren’t really ‘bad’ unis for medicine.
Reply 4
Original post by spliced
Your a levels grades will be more important, but GCSE grades do matter for medicine. I would still go for it, but just make sure predicted grades, ps, and scores on BMAT AND UCAT are as strong as possible. Do you not want to do med at a ‘bad’ uni because of its ranking, or because you feel like the course will not be as good as one from say imperial or cambridge? Because if it’s the latter, then it doesn’t matter which uni you get your degree from, as medical school is hard to get into in general, and all courses have been designed and approved to set you up for the field, so there aren’t really ‘bad’ unis for medicine.

I’m living in Birmingham right now, and honestly I don’t want to move cities or get a uni far way, so from that viewpoint my options are UoB or Aston uni, I might try Leicester and perhaps commute as it’s 50 mins

but then obviously I wanted UoB medical school the most, thing about Aston is, don’t really like it in terms of building and the way many go there for partying etc
Reply 5
Your GCSE results will be mainly used to get you a place in college and onto your A Level courses.
You will need to do two science subjects at A Level preferably 3.
The top Unis will look only for those who get A* in these subjects as medicine is very competitive.
There are other unis who will take lesser grades as well.

Good news is you now know this and you can work really hard to get those grades.
A level is somehow easier as its 3 subjects rather than all those at GCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest