The Student Room Group

Failed my UCAT

Just did my UCAT. Internal deadline is over and I have paid and sent my applications already for medicine to
Leicester Medical School
University of Nottingham
Aston University
Cardiff University

I live in Leicester and really wanted to do medicine there. What are the chances of being accepted? And even for the other universities?

UCAT Score: 2340 which places me in the bottom 2 deciles as 2nd decile is 2350, giving me only 16 points for Leicester.
For GCSEs I get 31/32 points.
I would say my personal statement is pretty good
Predicted AAA for Biology, Chemistry, Maths.
References are strong except for maths which is okay.
Reply 1
Original post by KK_2589
Just did my UCAT. Internal deadline is over and I have paid and sent my applications already for medicine to
Leicester Medical School
University of Nottingham
Aston University
Cardiff University

I live in Leicester and really wanted to do medicine there. What are the chances of being accepted? And even for the other universities?

UCAT Score: 2340 which places me in the bottom 2 deciles as 2nd decile is 2350, giving me only 16 points for Leicester.

Any contextuals? You would have a shot at cardiff for sure, you probably will get an interview at aston. Nottingham if you are a contextual having done their pathways stuff or whatever you will get an interview, if not you may not their lowest interviewed scored about a 100 higher last year. Leicester again if you have contextuals quite likely to get an interview, without it also possible their cut off was like 2270 last year so that might go up to 2300/2310 looking at the interims but ye they are reasonable choices
Reply 2
so would you say I should remove Leicester and switch it to Keele as I have basically no chance?
Reply 3
I have no contextual stuff like access Leicester or whatever I applied didn't get a place
Reply 4
did u get the offer???
Reply 5
Original post by KK_2589
Leicester Medical School
University of Nottingham
Aston University
Cardiff University

Hi could I ask which med schools you ended up in?
Reply 6
Original post by nimla2
did u get the offer???

Original post by ACTN3
Hi could I ask which med schools you ended up in?

This post is very old.

Please don't bump.old threads. Whatever applied for this person is unlikely to apply for current applicants as application policies and ucat thresholds have changed.

The original poster hasn't been on TDR since 2022.

If you have questions about your own options post in the which med school megathread in the format of the first post.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending