The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

4 GCSEs at Ravensbourne

Hi. I want to progress onto Ravensbourne Uni. and continue my education there, but I only have four GCSE passes. During Secondary, I studied ICT, English, Maths, Science, Food Tech., R.E. and Art, but despite doing well on mock exams for each, I only managed to secure a C in English, Maths, Art and Food Tech, whilst not exactly getting a passing grade in the other three subjects.

It sucks since I actually liked science and ICT; can't exactly say the same for R.E. but then I felt idiotic after realising how easy the exam actually was and instead ended up getting a D because I forgot to revise certain religious terms that popped up on the test, but anyway, is it possible for me to go to Ravensbourne with Four GCSEs at grade C, assuming I provided a decent portfolio that demonstrates my creative and design skills?
Bump
London
GCSE does not get looked at as long as you have maths and English I had 4 and got into University of Kent
Original post by LostInTime 2.0
Hi. I want to progress onto Ravensbourne Uni. and continue my education there, but I only have four GCSE passes. During Secondary, I studied ICT, English, Maths, Science, Food Tech., R.E. and Art, but despite doing well on mock exams for each, I only managed to secure a C in English, Maths, Art and Food Tech, whilst not exactly getting a passing grade in the other three subjects.

It sucks since I actually liked science and ICT; can't exactly say the same for R.E. but then I felt idiotic after realising how easy the exam actually was and instead ended up getting a D because I forgot to revise certain religious terms that popped up on the test, but anyway, is it possible for me to go to Ravensbourne with Four GCSEs at grade C, assuming I provided a decent portfolio that demonstrates my creative and design skills?

Hi LostInTime 2.0,

If you're interested in applying to Ravensbourne University London, please note that we do require a level 3 qualification. Therefore you'd need to take A-levels or BTECs, or alternatively do an Access to HE diploma course.

We hope to see you at Ravensbourne soon,

Monica
Original post by Ravensbourne
Hi LostInTime 2.0,

If you're interested in applying to Ravensbourne University London, please note that we do require a level 3 qualification. Therefore you'd need to take A-levels or BTECs, or alternatively do an Access to HE diploma course.

We hope to see you at Ravensbourne soon,

Monica

That's good, since I am currently studying BTEC Art and Design and I am doing extended diploma at the moment.
Original post by LostInTime 2.0
That's good, since I am currently studying BTEC Art and Design and I am doing extended diploma at the moment.

hello LostInTime 2.0,

It is good to hear that. If you are looking towards getting more feedback on your work and ensure you have what it takes to study at Ravensbourne, I would recommend coming to some of the workshops and portfolio reviews we host during the open days!

It will definitely help you develop your skills and prepare you for University once you finish your BTEC studies, as well as improve your current work by seeing what would be expected of you in the future, and what type of steps you can take to achieve that now.

If there is any particular course you are interested in now, ask the people running the workshop to show you examples for that course, and speak to the tutors that teach it, if you haven't already.

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions feel free to ask :smile:

Kind regards,
Michail

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending