The Student Room Group

Architecture Stress Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Copenhagennnn! <3

I'm quite looking forward to going back. I think I've forgotten how crappy it feels to have so little sleep. I think there's something wrong with me. Bah.
Lime Green
Copenhagennnn! <3

I'm quite looking forward to going back. I think I've forgotten how crappy it feels to have so little sleep. I think there's something wrong with me. Bah.

I sound like such a grumbly spoilsport, but I'm not that excited about Copenhagen. I dunno, it's just not one of those places I'd visit out of choice. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

And yes, there is most definitely something wrong with you.
Quiller
Yep you can bet on it... you've got copenhagen though! I've just got in from studio... 5.30 in the ******* morning. i'll be able to manage 2 hours sleep before i need to get in and scan my things... then a three hour drive home - really hoping I don't fall asleep at the wheel!!!!!

what uni do you go to? didn't realise studios open till 5.30am.

my uni used to have 24 hours but they arent allowing it this year.
the security guard comes and kick us out of the studio by 11.45pm, then were force to either hide in the toilet and come back out, or go to the 24 hour library. ¬¬
yeahyeahyeahs

the security guard comes and kick us out of the studio by 11.45pm, then were force to either hide in the toilet and come back out, or go to the 24 hour library. ¬¬

Jeez that sucks, we couldn't survive without our 24 hour access :/.
Reply 64
yeahyeahyeahs

cardiff :smile:
you guys still going into uni even though its like a few days christmas holidays? crazy!

i had to go to the riba again yesterday and the library was mental. big queues just to photocopy the books.

also all the clever students in my class raped the library books at my uni before the holidays for their essays.
grrr...
Hispanic-Impressions
I sound like such a grumbly spoilsport, but I'm not that excited about Copenhagen. I dunno, it's just not one of those places I'd visit out of choice. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised..

i expect you will be. copenhagen = one of my favourite european capitals - am going for about the 10th time this easter. lousiana = possibly the best art gallery in the world. so much good architecture to see - much preferred my first year architecture trip to copenhagen to the second year one to barcelona. i think you'll love it, elegant, cool architecture, good nightlife, great hostel, trip to klippan to see lewerentz.... bagsvaerd church, etc... allison packs it in. plus hispanic you can ogle all the handsome six foot + danish men.....'-)
yeahyeahyeahs

11:45? Its alright, we get kicked out at 9:00.

Our uni building isn't owned by the university, we have hired office blocks as studios until our actual building is finished. Its rubbish, not open at weekends either, and its all carpeted, so we cant make too much of a mess.

The new studios should be finished for sept though so only a couple of months today.

As this thread is about stress, I want to moan about exams, i cant be arsed with them and there revision, and I have Arch History coursework due in on Monday, which is the same day as the exams :frown:
Untitled258

As this thread is about stress, I want to moan about exams, i cant be arsed with them and there revision, and I have Arch History coursework due in on Monday, which is the same day as the exams :frown:

Ditto. :frown:

And a design project due on the thurs.

I've resorted to choosing a site that fits my design... mmm backwards. :rolleyes:
I have no design projects for a while thank god, can concentrate on my exams, essay things and portfolio exam.

And arnt you supposed to make your design fit your site, not vise versa :p:

I'm supposed to be working tonight, but I've spent all day unpacked as i got back to uni today, and i have no motivation what so ever. So heres my plan, Weds/Thus do coursework, Fri Sat Sun revise for exams on Monday and Tuesday, and portfolio exam isnt for a while yet so ill do that when im done.
Untitled258
11:45? Its alright, we get kicked out at 9:00.

Our uni building isn't owned by the university, we have hired office blocks as studios until our actual building is finished. Its rubbish, not open at weekends either, and its all carpeted, so we cant make too much of a mess.

The new studios should be finished for sept though so only a couple of months today.

Thank god my course is 100% coursework.

I think most people have a cultural context essay due in. LOVE IT.
yeahyeahyeahs
Thank god my course is 100% coursework.

I think most people have a cultural context essay due in. LOVE IT.

I have a Context theory exam, and an history Essay thing, its not an essay because its all sketches, and its a time line, but yeah. Have Structures exams too. 100% coursework sounds good, I want that!
is it just me, but lately my post are showing up like 30minutes /an hour later?
Untitled258
I have a Context theory exam, and an history Essay thing, its not an essay because its all sketches, and its a time line, but yeah. Have Structures exams too. 100% coursework sounds good, I want that!

youre so lucky.
i have to do a sketch book of 7 key buildings, the typical elevations, building in context, plan in context, ground floor plan, one external detail, one internal detail and one view from a window.
so 7 drawings( ish) for each building then write about them and what movement they are from etc.

THEN i have to write my essay on modernism and the brutalism blah blah blah, which at the moment contains about 30 images and 2300 words, 800 words over the word count. sighs.

i think i rather have your exam and history essay!
yeahyeahyeahs
youre so lucky.
i have to do a sketch book of 7 key buildings, the typical elevations, building in context, plan in context, ground floor plan, one external detail, one internal detail and one view from a window.
so 7 drawings( ish) for each building then write about them and what movement they are from etc.

THEN i have to write my essay on modernism and the brutalism blah blah blah, which at the moment contains about 30 images and 2300 words, 800 words over the word count. sighs.

i think i rather have your exam and history essay!

Yeah i agree im better off actually :biggrin:

And to your earlier comment, post seem to be coming up at the right time for me.
Reply 75
eurgh dissertation stress.... don't get me started :-(
Nothing like staying in on new years eve and revising... not that I can even motivate myself to.
Yeah ditto. I'm supposed to be drawing the order of columns and stuff, but for some reasons the pussycat dolls, and girls aloud and the likes are distracting me, i have no idea why im watching totp, but its distracting me.
Haha. I've developed an odd fascination with Come Dine With Me, probably because it's on four epsiodes in a row which means lots of time wasting.

Good times.
Its amazing what you can do or what to distract yourself from doing work eh. My xbox is right in my eye line of my work too, ill be on that by the end of the night i can see it happening.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending