The Student Room Group

interview help

I have a interview at UCLan in a couple of days. Ive applied for the architecture course and was wondering what types of questions that they may ask and how to go about my portfolio
(edited 2 months ago)
Original post by Hello_12
I have a interview at UCLan in a couple of days. Ive applied for the architecture course and was wondering what types of questions that they may ask and how to go about my portfolio

The usual questions for any course are why architecture, why UCLAN, more detail from your personal statement, possibly favourite architect/building, and then you might be asked to talk through a piece or two from your portfolio.

You might want to join the following thread where other architecture applicants are chatting:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7393566

:smile:
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
The usual questions for any course are why architecture, why UCLAN, more detail from your personal statement, possibly favourite architect/building, and then you might be asked to talk through a piece or two from your portfolio.

You might want to join the following thread where other architecture applicants are chatting:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7393566

:smile:
Thank you 🙂
Original post by Hello_12
Hi @Hello_12, 😊

Great to see that you have been invited to interview for our BSc (Hons) Architecture course, you must be so pleased!
While I can't give you the questions that are asked during your interview, I thought I'd share some general interview tips that you might find useful.

Before your interview do have a thorough research of the course details and of UCLan itself. Have a reread of your personal statement and think about why you have chosen to apply for our architecture course as the interviewers will be keen to hear your reasoning. Have a research of frequently asked interview questions then prepare and memories your answers, you may benefit from doing a mock interview with a friend or family member as this will help build confidence in your responses.

It's always good to arrive to your interview a little early to avoid any stress of turning up late due to things like traffic. If you are attending an interview in person, check where you need to go and make a plan of how you are going to get there. If your interview is online, ensure in advance that your computer and camera are set up and that you have a strong Wi-Fi connection.

Whether your interview is in person or online, keep an eye on your body language, make sure to sit up straight and have good eye contact with your interviewers as this will show that you are confident and engaged. Throughout the interview, it's important that you show your enthusiasm for the course and are listening to the interviewers questions carefully. Take your time with answering the questions and don't be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat any questions you don't understand.

It's useful to take a notebook and pen to your interview in case there is any important points you need to note down. Having some questions ready is useful as you can learn more about UCLan and this course to see if it's the right fit for you, it also shows the interviewer that you are prepared and enthusiastic.

Finally, enjoy it! I know this is easier said than done but you will interview better if you are relaxed. Remember this is your time to show why you want to study here at UCLan. Whatever the outcome, it's important to remember that being invited to interviews is a big achievement in itself and you should be proud of yourself.

I hope this helps and best of luck, 😊
Sarah
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest