The Student Room Group

Can I create a portfolio out of Product design A-level?

I am stuck between choosing product design and art A-level and I'm planning to do architecture in uni. I'm wondering what type of things you can add into portfolios like a product design coursework as I can't find it anywhere...
Original post by exemplary-conga
I am stuck between choosing product design and art A-level and I'm planning to do architecture in uni. I'm wondering what type of things you can add into portfolios like a product design coursework as I can't find it anywhere...

Have a look at some portfolios submitted by architecture applicants as they will give you an idea of the range of media that can be used. If you google 'manchester architecture portfolio blogspot', lots of examples will come up.

Also, have a look at the following thread about degree entry requirements:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7361710
Hi,
For my portfolio I used a mix of A-Level Product design work (drawings, CAD, models), a bit of GCSE d & t and some art (from GCSE).
Also if you dont have enough you can always create some drawings or models from home and include them.
But to summarise you can definitely use product design work as long as you mix it up with some raw art as well to show a bit more of your artistic ability too rather than just technical ability as that is what architecture is a balance between technicality and art.If you do like the technical side of architecture, closer to engineering, there are a handful of unis that offer this sort of course that are accredited by the board of engineering and RIBA, allowing you to choose later on in your career whether you want to become an architect or go into engineering.
Hope this helps!
(edited 2 months ago)
alevel form for my product
Original post by Anonamyous :)
alevel form for my product

If you are conducting a survey or research, then create a thread on the following forum and explain what you are trying to achieve. Don't just stick an unexplained link in a random thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=319

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending