The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL deadline

So I'm a bit confused about the UAL portfolio deadline. I have applied for the course film and television at LCC, and they sent me the portfolio access thing, and said that the deadline for me to submit it is November 20th (so in 3 days from now). I got this on the 7th of November so its not like they're only giving me 3 days, I've just not completed my portfolio yet. It says on the course page that the deadline to apply for the course is January 15th, so I'm just confused as to why November 20th was the deadline they gave me. Do they give different deadlines to applicants depending on when each one applies? Also will sending in my portfolio a day or 2 before the deadline that they gave me hurt my chances of getting in?
Hi!

Yes, that means they only gave u that much time, it happened to me as well last year. That's how it is.
I don't understand, u saind u don't have ur portfolio ready but want to send it 2 days earlier? Or u meant later?

If u send it late then its not accepted. If u want to send it earlier then u can, depends on u, but I think they start looking at it after the deadline they gave u so, just take ur time in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply! Do you remember how long it took them to get back to you after the application deadline?
Original post by TSRaccount9
Thank you for your reply! Do you remember how long it took them to get back to you after the application deadline?

I just checked the emails from last year! 😂
I waited so long I was going crazy, it was about 27 days, seriously, it felt longer than it sounds, and also another thing, they gave me 8 days to submit the portfolio, so like I said, they give such short time.
And it also says that of ur late in submitting the portfolio, u will be marked as LATE submission and they give priority to others who submitted early, if there's any places left then they will consider u, so it's a big disadvantage.
Reply 4
Original post by pinky_cat16
I just checked the emails from last year! 😂
I waited so long I was going crazy, it was about 27 days, seriously, it felt longer than it sounds, and also another thing, they gave me 8 days to submit the portfolio, so like I said, they give such short time.
And it also says that of ur late in submitting the portfolio, u will be marked as LATE submission and they give priority to others who submitted early, if there's any places left then they will consider u, so it's a big disadvantage.

Oh ok. Now I'm gonna be freaking out if I don't get a reply 27 days after😂 Just kidding... kind of 😂. I managed to submit my portfolio a day before the deadline so thats not a problem. Were you also applying for film and televesion or was it a different course? Thank you for taking the time to check your email btw!
Oh ok. Now I'm gonna be freaking out if I don't get a reply 27 days after😂 Just kidding... kind of 😂. I managed to submit my portfolio a day before the deadline so thats not a problem. Were you also applying for film and televesion or was it a different course? Thank you for taking the time to check your email btw!

😂 I'm sure you'll freak out soon, the wait is soooo hard. And no problem, glad it helped!
No, I applied for a different course (Product Design) , but in my interview day there were so many students for Film and Television, literally around 20 when for my course was only me 😂, they have loads of students for that course for sure, so don't worry if they take time in answering, it might take longer than me or even earlier.
I wish u good luck!!!
Hey guys !

To those of you who have submitted your applications , you should have all received a email confirmation regarding the submission of your application / portfolio . If not, email the admission team !

In terms of the results ( whether or not you successfully progress in the application process) I can't give you an exact time scale as to when you receive further correspondence. Tutors carefully look through all the portfolios that are submitted. This process can take weeks , also keep in mind that all applications are considered equally , the application deadline for our BA and Foundation courses are all in January 2019. Based on this you probably won't receive any answers for a while .

Sorry for the rather vague response, keep a look out in your emails for anything from the admission team ! and best of luck with your application.

Thanks
Memunatu
So I'm a bit confused about the UAL portfolio deadline. I have applied for the course film and television at LCC, and they sent me the portfolio access thing, and said that the deadline for me to submit it is November 20th (so in 3 days from now). I got this on the 7th of November so its not like they're only giving me 3 days, I've just not completed my portfolio yet. It says on the course page that the deadline to apply for the course is January 15th, so I'm just confused as to why November 20th was the deadline they gave me. Do they give different deadlines to applicants depending on when each one applies? Also will sending in my portfolio a day or 2 before the deadline that they gave me hurt my chances of getting in?

Same for me but my situation is that i don,t have an portfolio ready for the graphic design course and my submission is on saturday for the ual
Original post by Akiibloodlust23
Same for me but my situation is that i don,t have an portfolio ready for the graphic design course and my submission is on saturday for the ual

HI @Akiibloodlust23

Sorry to hear that you are stressed and concerned about your portfolio submission.
If you have any concerns about the time you got to submit the portfolio I would recommend emailing [email protected] with your details.

But, I would recommend submitting your portfolio for now as per the given timeline to avoid a situation where your portfolio is not accepted due to a late submission.
Apologies for not replying sooner.

I hope it all works out well. do reach out with any more queries.

Best,
Teju

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending