The Student Room Group

Sainsbury's employees Help FOA

Hi so I've worked at Sainsbury's for 4 months now. One of the first things I was taught how to do is FOA which is like ordering out of stock stuff. I've done it loads of times with no problems ever. Tonight I got asked to do it so I did it but then just before my shift ended I got called to the office and when I went they told me I'd somehow managed to scan £8000 worth of stock. I have no idea why there was so much I did it the same way I've always done it I was so confused. I explained to him how I did it and that I had no idea why it was so high. He wasn't angry but he said he'd have to find a way to sort it out and he was clearly stressed about it. I feel so bad but I genuinely have no idea why there was so much. Like I said, I've done it loads of times before and tonight I was actually told not to FOA one of the aisles so if anything it should have been less stock than usual. Has anything like this happened to anyone else and will I have any action taken against me? That's just stressed me out now after what was a good shift.
Reply 1
bump
I see this was 5 years ago, what was the outcome for you? I also run the FOA and am trying to get a full overview of its process, and have come across your thread.

However, in the FOA, you are scanning noticeable gaps which is essentially confirming that the product is not on the shelf - sometimes you might scan a gap and there would be a whole delivery of the product sitting out the back, or even on a plinth, and so scanning the gap is essentially removing and inventory systematically and telling the ordering system we need more.

After the FOA, you should have been asked to do a skrinkage report, which then lists the higher numbers of stock that have been removed from inventory (I think it flags up on shrinkage with 10+ items removed), you can go round with the shrinkage reports trying to find why such large numbers are even on it.

Now part of my research into this is why would there not be a shop floor inventory and an

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending