The Student Room Group

Job interview

Hey all so iv got a job interview for a clerical colleague at sainsbury's distribution center on the 9th of november at 3 pm. I'm just wondering whether anyone on here has had an interview for this job before or works there and can tell me what it's like?? My interviews never go well for me cos people just don't like me :frown:
Reply 1
Unfortunately I can't say for certain what to expect as I haven't had this interview myself, but it seems they'll ask behavioural/competency questions such as "tell me a time you handled a conflict with a coworker" where you'll need to provide examples of when you did this and to show how you led the situation to a positive outcome.

To help structure your answer to these, I would use the STAR+R or CARR method to outline what happened, what you did and what was the result. I would also do some research on Sainsbury's, such as their values, mission, what they do and any recent news/charities they're involved in. This can help answer questions around why you want to work there.

They provide some more tips on their site here which might be useful for you! Best of luck with your interview!
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all so iv got a job interview for a clerical colleague at sainsbury's distribution center on the 9th of november at 3 pm. I'm just wondering whether anyone on here has had an interview for this job before or works there and can tell me what it's like?? My interviews never go well for me cos people just don't like me :frown:

Hey! Congratulations on getting an interview, that's a step in the right direction! though I've not personally had an interview there, like the user above, I recommend looking into the STAR method for interview skills, this is a really easy way to remember how to format your answers to questions. Another tip I'd recommend is having a look at the role profile/job description and writing down some examples of how you meet the criteria for that job, for example, if they ask for someone who has experience with customer service - think of a scenario where you have and write this example down in the STAR method then read these through to revise your responses. I have always been told that it is perfectly acceptable to take in some notes too (not paragraphs and paragraphs), even if it's just keywords to help you remember some of your answers.

Best of luck, try and remain calm and have confidence in yourself! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending