The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

The Official 2019 Ravensbourne Applicants Thread

Hi everyone, welcome to the official 2019 Applicants thread! :insert:

At Ravensbourne University London we are all about the community, so we started this thread to get all of you to introduce yourselves, as you might be soon course-mates and hopefully friends and future colleagues. It's also just a nice way to meet new people. Feel free to talk about anything.

To help you get started how about answering some of these questions to break the ice?

Name
Why Ravensbourne?
Which course(s) are you interested in?
What you would like to get out of studying here?
How is showreel/portfolio prep going?
What are your extra-curricular interests?
A random and fun fact about you!

To get the ball rolling I'll answer the questions above as well.

Name
Michail

Why Ravensbourne?
I really appreciate the number of industry experts that teach my course. It is also great to surround yourself in such a collaborative and creative environment.

Which course(s) are you interested in?
I'm currently studying BA Design & Coding, in my 3rd year

What would you like to get out of studying here?
Some Expertise in my chosen field of work, which is User Experience (UX). Also, gather as many industry contacts as possible by surrounding myself with people I might want to work with in the future.

How is showreel/portfolio prep going?
Redoing my website and developing my Final Major Project.

What are your extra-curricular interests?
Cycling, bouldering, skating, photography are among my biggest interests.

A random and fun fact about you!
I'm a mix between Lithuanian, Russian, Ukrainian and Polish, but lived in the UK most of my life.

Looking forward to seeing your responses & fun facts!

Michail :goodluck:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi I’m Holly!
I liked Ravensbourne as it seems very open and I get the impression that connections between students are encouraged😊
I’m interested in the Digitial Film Production course and I hope this course provides me with the skills I need to get into the film/tv industry!
I am currently making my showreel and portfolio😅
Extra-curricular interests of mine are fashion, exercising, cooking, tv and film, of course and spending time with friends (not a lot now I think of it😂)
And a random and fun fact about me would be that I’ve been vegetarian nearly 7 years now!🥦😂
London
Reply 2
Hello. I’m Stefan, and I chose Ravensbourne because I was impressed by students’ work in my chosen field, as well as the fact graduates are highly employable in the industry.I’m interested in the Fashion Promotion course, and I hope I will be offered the neccesary expertise in order to improve my already existing vintage clothing store, as well as help me build a network of like-minded individuals.My portfolio is pretty much ready, but I am still waiting for the email which asks me about it. :smile:)I love producing and mixing techno music.A random fact about me is that I haven’t bought “new” clothes since 2016, thrift shopping has become a lifestyle :smile:) Aside from these things about me, I have a question. I have recieved the confirmation email on my application about a month ago, but I haven’t been asked to create an account on the ravensbourne portal or upload a portfolio. Could there be a problem with my application?
Original post by semoa
Hello. I’m Stefan, and I chose Ravensbourne because I was impressed by students’ work in my chosen field, as well as the fact graduates are highly employable in the industry.I’m interested in the Fashion Promotion course, and I hope I will be offered the neccesary expertise in order to improve my already existing vintage clothing store, as well as help me build a network of like-minded individuals.My portfolio is pretty much ready, but I am still waiting for the email which asks me about it. :smile:)I love producing and mixing techno music.A random fact about me is that I haven’t bought “new” clothes since 2016, thrift shopping has become a lifestyle :smile:) Aside from these things about me, I have a question. I have recieved the confirmation email on my application about a month ago, but I haven’t been asked to create an account on the ravensbourne portal or upload a portfolio. Could there be a problem with my application?

Hi Stefan, I'm Holly a moderator from Ravensbourne.

I'm glad to hear you've applied for the university!

As you are not currently enrolled at the university, you won't be able to create an account on the portal. Also you will be emailed about your portfolio when you are asked in for an interview. The course interviews take place over the next few months so you should hear back soon.

The admissions department are currently very busy processing applications, which is probably why you haven't heard back yet. You can contact admissions at: [email protected] to speak to someone about your specific application.

In the meantime you can come to our portfolio workshops which are held on the open days.

If you have any more questions please get in touch!

Holly
Hi! I've applied to the Design and Media Foundation course. I chose Ravensbourne because of the location and setting, and also the fact that it's more of a digital institute. I just wanted to know when I would receive an invitation to an interview, since I applied in December of last year, and received confirmation almost a month ago. I sent two emails asking about this, and both times I was told the admissions team is currently in the process of sending out invites. I'm still a bit concerned as Ravensbourne is my first choice university, and am worried if there was something wrong with my application.
Original post by Irishgirl269
Hi! I've applied to the Design and Media Foundation course. I chose Ravensbourne because of the location and setting, and also the fact that it's more of a digital institute. I just wanted to know when I would receive an invitation to an interview, since I applied in December of last year, and received confirmation almost a month ago. I sent two emails asking about this, and both times I was told the admissions team is currently in the process of sending out invites. I'm still a bit concerned as Ravensbourne is my first choice university, and am worried if there was something wrong with my application.

Hi @Irishgirl269,

We will be sending out invitations for Foundation courses from next week I believe - as the deadline is later than Undergraduate courses. Sorry for your concern however I'm sure there is nothing to worry about. If you would like me to follow up/ ask more questions feel free to email me on [email protected].

Thank you,
Mollie
Reply 6
I had my interview for the design and media foundation course last week and I was wondering when I will hear back?
Hi @ishawa,

If you email [email protected] they will be able to give you an update on your application :smile:

Good Luck
M

Original post by ishawa
I had my interview for the design and media foundation course last week and I was wondering when I will hear back?
Hey Stefan, I’m Lesley, I’ve applied for the fashion promotion course too! Hope you’re well! Did you get an offer? If so, do you plan on going to the Life at Ravensbourne taster event? I’m thinking of going and I’d like to meet up with a few other people that are due to study the same course!
Reply 9
Hi, has anyone heard back yet about a Foundation course, after interview?
Reply 10
Yes, I had my interview at the end of February, and they emailed me on Wednesday. If you're worried, call them because I called them on the 8th March and they had already decided but took them a while to email me.
Original post by meganne
Hi, has anyone heard back yet about a Foundation course, after interview?
Reply 11
Ah ok thank you so much, did you get a place? I only had my interview a fortnight ago so maybe I just need to wait a little longer :smile:
Original post by ishawa
Yes, I had my interview at the end of February, and they emailed me on Wednesday. If you're worried, call them because I called them on the 8th March and they had already decided but took them a while to email me.
Reply 12
yes!! They told me after the interview they would get back to me in a few days so you could probably call them and they could tell you :smile: good luck
Original post by meganne
Ah ok thank you so much, did you get a place? I only had my interview a fortnight ago so maybe I just need to wait a little longer :smile:
Reply 13
Well done!! Ok cool thanks for your help:h:
Original post by ishawa
yes!! They told me after the interview they would get back to me in a few days so you could probably call them and they could tell you :smile: good luck
Original post by meganne

Hi Meganne,

Due to the amount of applicants admission might take a bit longer getting back but if you would like to email them at [email protected] they will be able to get back to you about your application.

Goodluck!

Thanks,

Row:h:
Reply 15
Ok thank you so much!
Original post by Ravensbourne
Hi Meganne,

Due to the amount of applicants admission might take a bit longer getting back but if you would like to email them at [email protected] they will be able to get back to you about your application.

Goodluck!

Thanks,

Row:h:
Yeah I got accepted a few weeks ago

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending