The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

kingston foundation

hiya, just wondering has anyone who applied to Kingston art foundation 2023 heard back positively? ie, got in.

Scroll to see replies

I have also applied and am still waiting to hear back. But i saw on another forum that someone had been rejected :/

Original post by anyagraced
hiya, just wondering has anyone who applied to Kingston art foundation 2023 heard back positively? ie, got in.
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
i also applied to Kingston art foundation and got rejected. i was really confused by this though as the application deadline was only 2 weeks ago and they get so many applications? clearly they must not look at portfolios in much detail or it could be a mistake i'm not too sure tho but most art schools don't reply with an offer or rejection until around may time so they can check portfolios extensively? idk i just found it very weird they replied that fast

Yeah im surprised they are rejecting people this early. But i know they get around 2000 applications for like 180 spaces so its super competitive. Have you applied for the csm foundation?

Original post by chlowithdaflo26
i also applied to Kingston art foundation and got rejected. i was really confused by this though as the application deadline was only 2 weeks ago and they get so many applications? clearly they must not look at portfolios in much detail or it could be a mistake i'm not too sure tho but most art schools don't reply with an offer or rejection until around may time so they can check portfolios extensively? idk i just found it very weird they replied that fast
Original post by Gingernut123
Yeah im surprised they are rejecting people this early. But i know they get around 2000 applications for like 180 spaces so its super competitive. Have you applied for the csm foundation?

i decided to apply to Camberwell instead of CSM as its closer to me but i'm also applying to Ravensbourne as well. hopefully ill have better luck with those instead! i've tried emailing Kingston just to find out their process of elimination and how come i've been rejected so quickly but i doubt they will respond.
i decided to apply to Camberwell instead of CSM as its closer to me but i'm also applying to Ravensbourne as well. hopefully ill have better luck with those instead! i've tried emailing Kingston just to find out their process of elimination and how come i've been rejected so quickly but i doubt they will respond

Yeah im super surprised they would reject so soon, hope you get in to camberwell or ravensbourne :smile:
Reply 6
i decided to apply to Camberwell instead of CSM as its closer to me but i'm also applying to Ravensbourne as well. hopefully ill have better luck with those instead! i've tried emailing Kingston just to find out their process of elimination and how come i've been rejected so quickly but i doubt they will respond.

Let us know what they respond with? I really want to find out if people have been accepted yet! I haven’t had an email and I’m acc bricking it haha
it was me on the other forum that got rejected by Kingston and yeah I was also thinking how quick they were (2 weeks? ). Its not that I think highly of my portfolio or anything but I put a lot of effort into it and it felt crushing to be rejected so quickly without any proper explanation :frown:

I also applied to csm foundation and rn I'm feeling pretty dejected because of how quickly kingston rejected me. been overthinking my portfolio a lot and now I'm worried csm will do the same because of how competitive it is. I got offers from AUB and Loughborough so I guess I could do my foundation there but CSM is my dream so hopefully I can get the offer ..
good luck to those that haven't heard from Kingston tho !
Original post by Anonymous
it was me on the other forum that got rejected by Kingston and yeah I was also thinking how quick they were (2 weeks? ). Its not that I think highly of my portfolio or anything but I put a lot of effort into it and it felt crushing to be rejected so quickly without any proper explanation :frown:

I also applied to csm foundation and rn I'm feeling pretty dejected because of how quickly kingston rejected me. been overthinking my portfolio a lot and now I'm worried csm will do the same because of how competitive it is. I got offers from AUB and Loughborough so I guess I could do my foundation there but CSM is my dream so hopefully I can get the offer ..

Hi there,

It's great to hear you're considering Loughborough :smile:

I'm in my first year here and if you have any questions about student life here or the facilities on campus feel free to get in touch!

Jess

I wouldn't stress to much as when i went to the csm foundation open day the people i spoke said they had been rejected from kingston foundation. I guess they just have different criteria when the select people :smile:
Original post by Gingernut123
I wouldn't stress to much as when i went to the csm foundation open day the people i spoke said they had been rejected from kingston foundation. I guess they just have different criteria when the select people :smile:

thanks for sharing this, it made me feel much better :smile:
I was actually trying to find out whether any csm students got rejected by Kingston so its reassuring to know criteria might just be different
good luck with your application!
yea I was really upset that they rejected me so quickly I spent so much time on my portfolio and I had extenuating circumstances as well. I did speak to one of my friends that go to kingston art foundation currently tho and they said that they actually regret choosing kingston which made me feel better. Wishing us luck with the other art schools. Have you applied to ravensbourne I heard it’s good :smile:

anyone know when they’ll start giving out offers ?
Original post by 777luvrgirl

I’m tryna find out if anyone has got an offer from Kingston yet! But can’t find anything unfortunately…still haven’t heard back
I heard back from Kingston foundation today with an unconditional offer
I’m tryna find out if anyone has got an offer from Kingston yet! But can’t find anything unfortunately…still haven’t heard back

same im so nervous!
Original post by Yeyeyeyyeyeeyes
I heard back from Kingston foundation today with an unconditional offer

omg congrats!! when did you apply ?
omg congrats!! when did you apply ?

Thank you! I sent in my application on maybe the 19th January, like a week before the UCAS deadline I’m not really sure
Oh do you know why they regreted choosing kingston? 😮

hi yes i did! heard about 2/3 weeks ago x
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending