The Student Room Group

The Ultimate "OMG Help me with my EE" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Mahwish Khan
Hey....

Does Anyone Have Any Ideas Which I Could Base My Extended Project On...Im Thinking Of Doing Something To Do With Pakistan Cuz Im Going There This Summer Bt Then I Was Also Told By My Teacher Tht I Should Do Something Which I Want To Carry On In Uni And In Uni I Want To Do Primary School Teaching So Im Jus Wondering What I Could Do.....

Any Suggestions Welcome!

Hey have you decided anything yet? Because im in the same situation as you
I'm taking higher level Psychology and need a topic ASAP.
My IB co ordinator just told me that my EE has been denied as it contains too much 'sexual content' i was doing my EE on sex, lust and love and psychologically are they different to one another and comparing this to men and women.

has ANYONE got any ideas on what topic i could do?
I love social psychology. any ideas would be awsome.

quote me so i know you've replied.
thanks
Hiya
I am about to do an extended project and i need some ideas because i am coming up blank :frown: i would like to do something related to forensics because that is what i would like to study at university.
If anyone has any ideas let me know.
Thanks!
Reply 183
hi im an ib student in denmark writing my ee in economics. my topic is a look at the different breweries in denmark and their products and prices. as well as how the consumers in my town choose their beer they drink. ive limited it down to carlsberg, tuborg, royal and a danish cheaper brand, harboe.

so my question is, what kind of raw data would i need to collect? and any further information anyone can offer me would be greatly valued.
thank you
How important is EE to getting into uni - will the uni look at what subject you did your ee on, and expect it to be the subject you're applying for? I did mine in English, but now i want to apply for history/french, how big of a problem is that?! thanks :smile:
Sunshine-buttercups
How important is EE to getting into uni - will the uni look at what subject you did your ee on, and expect it to be the subject you're applying for? I did mine in English, but now i want to apply for history/french, how big of a problem is that?! thanks :smile:

I've heard that the EE really doesn't do anything in terms of university - the biggest thing is that it might help you learn how to write longer research papers than most high schools would require. It's probably not going to be a problem.
Sunshine-buttercups

I never even entered my EE into UCAS; I completely forgot about it. The unis didn't care. I applied for physics, by the way.
Reply 187
Hello everyone,

I'm doing my EE in ITGS. . . I need help with my topic, could somebody please suggest me a topic, so I can change it a bit and then to do it, because I really need to start doing my EE. . .

My friend chose "How are banks and bank transactions secured trough the use of IT" something like that.

Please help me :smile:
Reply 188
I HAVE A BIG BIG QUESTION! I want to make my ee on something that connects with tourism because I want to go to hospitality and tourism management univ. Is is appropriate to write something about how the phenomenon of place attachement influence an individual from a psychological perspective? or something like that. Or something about cultural shock? Do you think it it ok for what I need? If not, please give me some advices! Thanks!
Ynes
I HAVE A BIG BIG QUESTION! I want to make my ee on something that connects with tourism because I want to go to hospitality and tourism management univ. Is is appropriate to write something about how the phenomenon of place attachement influence an individual from a psychological perspective? or something like that. Or something about cultural shock? Do you think it it ok for what I need? If not, please give me some advices! Thanks!

well then would you do your EE on psychology? I'm not sure what subject this would come under. you have to do your EE on one of the IB subjects. it doesn't have to be one of the subjects you take, but the subject does have to exist in the IB. some schools require that students do their EEs in their HL subjects so it's best to check out your school requirements. and wow this thread is old.
Reply 190
I've just started the IB and there's still quite a long time left before I have to write mine, but what do you guys think about: "in what way do symmetry and proportions in everyday life influence human behaviour?"
I'm not really sure what subject this would be, certainly some maths but maybe also biology?
Reply 191
I'm thinking of writing about the etiology of unipolar depression. Is this topic too general?
WOW! when you get down to doing your EE you realise that the subject you've chosen is actually pretty boring!!
JUST one big question,
Does anyone realise that their entire EE can be summed up with a simple sentence but you are asked to write an entire essay on it!!!
im doing a bio EE and its basically about the whether acid has an effect on biological oxidation. I realize that my whole ee can be summed up with " YEs, acid does have an effect on oxidation"

Help pls?
the EE has to be done in a specific subject. you don't have to be taking the subject, but the IB does have to offer it. for example, you cannot do your EE on tourism since the IB does not have that as a subject. I'm not sure what subject symmetry and proportion would fall under. it might have to be narrowed and tweaked a little. :P
appletree_1
WOW! when you get down to doing your EE you realise that the subject you've chosen is actually pretty boring!!
JUST one big question,
Does anyone realise that their entire EE can be summed up with a simple sentence but you are asked to write an entire essay on it!!!
im doing a bio EE and its basically about the whether acid has an effect on biological oxidation. I realize that my whole ee can be summed up with " YEs, acid does have an effect on oxidation"

Help pls?

Yes, scientific papers usually can be summed up in one or two sentences. But then you have to say WHY acid has an effect on biological oxidation.

I also think that if an entire EE can be summed up in one sentence, then the topic is often too easy. If it's too easy, it's often a boring EE for the student. It's probably too late to change your topic now though and you more than likely don't even want to.

My only advice to you is to explain everything. Your paper does not have to be between 3500 -4000 words, there's only an upper word limit, so you can write as little as you want (though those papers don't tend to do well.)

Just to contradict what you've said, I'm doing my EE in physics and I don't find it boring at all. I find my topic to be very interesting and I've enjoyed researching it thus far.
Reply 195
paradise_lost
the EE has to be done in a specific subject. you don't have to be taking the subject, but the IB does have to offer it. for example, you cannot do your EE on tourism since the IB does not have that as a subject. I'm not sure what subject symmetry and proportion would fall under. it might have to be narrowed and tweaked a little. :P

well,yes! it will be in psychology probably. and I was thinking to relate what happens with the behaviour of an individual, at a cognitive level (attachement- which depends on personality, important events in his life) with place, as a location, where the process of cognition takes place. something like...how can a place mark someone`s feelings/ perspectives. my teacher gave me an example with Paris, France. It is known for its romantism and people come all over the world to explore their feelings of romantism:smile:) bdw, I have psychology SL.
So, what do you think? Is this close to tourism?:-s
I'm also writing my essay in psychology and was wondering if any of you could help me. my main general topic is gender differences, and im trying to widen it more and more to something specific, and i came up with "How do gender differences influence the process of communication in intimate relationships?"

Basically im looking for feedback from people who've maybe written an EE from psych or maybe even a similar subject, about what you think about my subject...i really really really dont want it to be too broad, i know thats what gets most people off on their EE's.

:wink:
Does anyone know whether the deadline for the EE is international. My EE supervisor has just changed the date of one of the check points. Whats the deadline for the EE?? confused
Reply 198
Hmmm So 'Omg' help me with my EE. Being the master procrastinator that I am, I have decided to wait until now to start, with only a fuzzy premonition of a topic. Advice for getting started?
And sorry nooo idea about the final due date. Ours is due Oct 30 I believe.
hello! I've been advised to re-write my EE -.- which is a little annoying because I wrote the whole thing in the summer.

Anywaaay- my new topic is "How much the March on Rome assist Mussolini in his acquisition of power?"

i.e. did the march on rome really help mussolini take power of italy that much?

anyway- so I've got loads of info, but I've not got a clue in what order to put it in.

What things should I include?

Intro
Italy + Mussolini's background
Why was the MOR successful
and what else should I put in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending