The Student Room Group

Ucas points help

Does anyone know how many points the legal secretary diploma level 3 is worth? i tried looking through ucas but it doesn't show the option/ I may have assumed its something else. help! thanks!
Original post by t_lovesbts
Does anyone know how many points the legal secretary diploma level 3 is worth? i tried looking through ucas but it doesn't show the option/ I may have assumed its something else. help! thanks!

This one?

lealsecucas.PNG
Reply 2
[quote(Original post by 999tigger)]This one?

lealsecucas.PNG
Omg yes thank youuuu!! But do i count my overall grade or the individual certificates i recieved?
Reply 3
How mant individual grades are there?

15 since the course was combined with level 2
[quote(Original post by 999tigger)]This one?

lealsecucas.PNG

Omg yes thank youuuu!! But do i count my overall grade or the individual certificates i recieved?

Presumably you were given one final grade and thats what you use?
Talk to your college. Looking at the document it appears equivalent to one A level or an AS for the certificate.

What exactly do you have?
Reply 5
ds
Original post by 999tigger

Talk to your college. Looking at the document it appears equivalent to one A level or an AS for the certificate.

im not sure exactly, i have a few from OCR and a few from City and guilds. i will list them below for your reference:

OCR between pass and dist grades
text production l3
text processing l3
mailmerge l2
word processing l3
text production l3
audio trans l3
business presentations l3
word processing level 2

City and guilds/ CILEx
overall merit
3 passes and 3 distinctions

1 proofreading exam with dist
ds

im not sure exactly, i have a few from OCR and a few from City and guilds. i will list them below for your reference:

text production l3
text processing l3
mailmerge l2
word processing l3
text production l3
audio trans l3
word processing level 2

City and guilds/ CILEx
overall merit

I dont understand what the OCR qualification is? I am not sure it is worth UCAS points as it might be more vocational. Ask your tutor.

The C&G us worth an A level as per the chart.

Ucas points are more about academic study not vocational skills.

If you are trying to get to Uni then you need another two A levels worth of qualifications. probably another 80 UCAS points min.
Reply 8
Original post by 999tigger

text production l3
text processing l3
mailmerge l2
word processing l3
text production l3
audio trans l3
word processing level 2

City and guilds/ CILEx
overall merit

I dont understand what the OCR qualification is? I am not sure it is worth UCAS points as it might be more vocational. Ask your tutor.

The C&G us worth an A level as per the chart.

Ucas points are more about academic study not vocational skills.

If you are trying to get to Uni then you need another two A levels worth of qualifications. probably another 80 UCAS points min.

Awesome, thank you. But do you suggest a levels,access to law or a foundation course?

Ive had a look at all three courses (for research) and noticed that they are all intensive and a year long- which is fine by me. However, the access seems difficult than the a level and foundation and have kept those courses as options.
Reply 9

Great course but its similar to what i have already done. And considering its already a level 2 and 3 course and 3 hours away from home, i doubt they will let me study level 3 again.
Reply 10
I have done level 2
Reply 11
I have done level 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending