The Student Room Group

The new Arsenal Londyn

Hello Gunners!

It has been eight months since Unai Emery became the coach of Arsenal Londyn.

A few days ago I came to the conclusion that I can't find any difference between Arsenal Emery and Arsenal Wenger.

I would like to start off by we still lose our best players for nothing.
Aron Ramsey, started yesterday's match in the first lineup, which means that in this position no one looks better than him, after the season he will leave us for free.

We still can not make a real fight for the championship. Yes, I know it is the first season of Unai Emery at Arsenal, but for example, Antonio Conte in Chelsea could completely change this team in his first season.

Going back to the first match against Bate Borysow, embarrassing matches are still happening to us.

What do you think about it? Do you think that the Arsenal of Unai Emery changed as much as the players in the club media say?
Reply 1
Original post by k.mist4rz
Hello Gunners!

A few days ago I came to the conclusion that I can't find any difference between Arsenal Emery and Arsenal Wenger.

Aron Ramsey, started yesterday's match in the first lineup, which means that in this position no one looks better than him, after the season he will leave us for free.

We still can not make a real fight for the championship. Yes, I know it is the first season of Unai Emery at Arsenal, but for example, Antonio Conte in Chelsea could completely change this team in his first season.

Going back to the first match against Bate Borysow, embarrassing matches are still happening to us.

What do you think about it? Do you think that the Arsenal of Unai Emery changed as much as the players in the club media say?

Yh but that was the same with pep guardiola. Do you not remember seeing Manchester City lose 4-0 to Everton in the first season. What has happened now? He has one a premier league title, and a caraboa cup.
Reply 2
Original post by k.mist4rz
Hello Gunners!

Yes statistically Arsenal have improved as they have won double the points won against top 4 opposition under Emery compared to under Wenger. Perhaps the players lack the passion for the badge but at least we saw Emery bring in a few reinforcements for this season. I feel that the 22 year tenure has allowed players to come into the club and mess around and make Arsenal look silly and look like a team destined for mid table, but im glad that Emery has maintained Arsenal in a top 6 spot again because all Arsenal fans knew that this season the club are not going to win anything like the premier league or F.A cup. At least with 7 games remaining Emery has a faint idea of who is being transferred, my opinion, Mustafi, Welbeck, Ozil, Mkhitaryan and Monreal have to leave. Although i can understand how people may be against my opinion as the awful games against crystal palace, Wolves and Leicester in recent days has really made the club look like a joke.
He still needs time
Reply 4
Original post by Lannister043
He still needs time

Yes i agree with you. Emery needs two or three more transfer windows and the backing for funds, obviously next season Arsenal will have around 40 million fom Adidas sponsors for their new kit but Arsenal have players like Ozil and ramsey and mkhitaryan who have such big wages and if they get shipped off Arsenal will have plenty to work with but thats a massive IF and the club just allow the players to leave on a free when their contracts run out. Emery has done a good job at Arsenal, there is still a lot of work but next season could be decent if we bring in a new defender and a midfielder perhaps even more in the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest