The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

HELP: Submitted wrong coursework on Turnitin on an MCF extended deadline

Hiya,

I go to KCL and suffer from a long-term medical condition meaning that throughout the duration of my studies I am eligible for a King's Inclusion Plan, Mitigating Circumstances, Disabled Students Allowances and personalised assessment arrangements, without question.

My condition recently took a turn for the worse and I was hospitalised and out of action for almost 2 weeks. Even after being discharged (upon my own request) I have been in absolute agony and the pain is far worse than it was. The week after my discharge I was supposed to have 2 coursework's due for 19/2 - obviously with being in so much pain, taking an even higher than my usual dose of opioids (tramadol), having to catch up on uni and settle back into uni in general, I asked for an extension which I knew I would be given.

The extension was for 5/3. I completed both my coursework's and submitted them on time for this extended deadline. However, today (8/3 - 3 days after the submission date), I decided to take a look at my plagiarism/similarity percentage just to see what it was like only to see that one of them was at 89% which I was completely baffled by. I then clicked on the submission only to realise that I had uploaded the complete wrong file. Instead of uploading my essay I uploaded the commentary passages (a type of literature essay Q) that we had to choose from (hence 89% plagiarism) and none of the work I had done was uploaded.

I was/am in utter shock that this has happened. Being on such a high dosage of opioids means I'm susceptible to make idiotic errors as such that I would never usually make and this is precisely what has happened in this instance. The two files had the same name and at that stage I was glad to finally be rid of them and sent them away as in my head at the time everything looked correct.

I have never submitted a wrong or late piece of work in my entire time there. They can also see that I did submit a piece of work to the correct area for the correct deadline. I also correctly submitted the other coursework for the correct date.

As soon as I realised it had happened, I emailed my tutor, the assessment board, the French department and the module convenor and sent my actual essay as an attachment to all but the module convenor (because sending it to him would ruin any chance of it being marked since the work must remain anonymous).

I think I've done all I can but does anybody have any advice or thoughts on what might happen or even experienced this same thing themselves because I've done everything I can but this isn't stopping me from panicking???
Heyyyy I made the same mistake... I submitted the wrong coursework...would you kindly share what happened???
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Chloeaoijofw
Heyyyy I made the same mistake... I submitted the wrong coursework...would you kindly share what happened???

hey,then what happened

Quick Reply

Latest