The Student Room Group

Btec business level 3 year 12

Do the governing board check for ai in terms of courseworks ?
Reply 1
Original post by 21scope

if your assignments are put through turnitin then, yes it will detect if it’s written by AI
Original post by 21scope

Yes they do. I am a Standards verifier and Examiner for Pearson and we have just completed a training session on Recognising and reporting the use of AI. JCQ have issued guidance to all Awarding organisations on this. Centres have been told to update their Malpractice policies and to inform learners that any use of AI could be classed as Malpractice.
Thanks for the insight, i got told you guys will be introducing the ai detectors next yext year? idk if thats true or not.

Original post by bamtutor
Yes they do. I am a Standards verifier and Examiner for Pearson and we have just completed a training session on Recognising and reporting the use of AI. JCQ have issued guidance to all Awarding organisations on this. Centres have been told to update their Malpractice policies and to inform learners that any use of AI could be classed as Malpractice.
Original post by 21scope
Thanks for the insight, i got told you guys will be introducing the ai detectors next yext year? idk if thats true or not.

As it is near the end of term and all exams and units for verification have been checked this year, then , Yes it will be from September onwards. However teachers will be checking any units that are still being submitted from now until the end of term, as they could be checked by Verifiers next year.
Original post by bamtutor
As it is near the end of term and all exams and units for verification have been checked this year, then , Yes it will be from September onwards. However teachers will be checking any units that are still being submitted from now until the end of term, as they could be checked by Verifiers next year.

I meant are the courseworks this year have been checked for ai ? Cause I heard you guys are going to introduce ai detectors next year I don’t know how this works.
Original post by 21scope
I meant are the courseworks this year have been checked for ai ? Cause I heard you guys are going to introduce ai detectors next year I don’t know how this works.

as @ab33k stated above, centres may use Turnitin and that has been upgraded to check for AI, so there is a possibility that they have already been checked.
Reply 7
Original post by 21scope

nothing to worry about unless you’ve used AI to write your assignments :tongue:
Original post by ab33k
nothing to worry about unless you’ve used AI to write your assignments :tongue:

Sounds assuring until you realise there’s been cases where people who don’t use the ai gets flagged lol
Reply 9
Original post by 21scope
Sounds assuring until you realise there’s been cases where people who don’t use the ai gets flagged lol

if that happens i think as long as you provide references and can show you got information from them u should be fine. atleast a lecturer of mine said if there were a case of someone’s own work flagging as AI he’d look at the references or ask where you got info from
Original post by ab33k
if that happens i think as long as you provide references and can show you got information from them u should be fine. atleast a lecturer of mine said if there were a case of someone’s own work flagging as AI he’d look at the references or ask where you got info from

Ah fair enough then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending